Breathitt Teacher Charles Andrew Mitchell Accused Of Sex With Students
More from U.S. Headlines
- Leonard Nimoy, ‘Star Trek’s’ Spock, Dies at 83
- This guy posted a Google+ review of how he caught his wife having an affair
- Student Mohammad Hossain ‘raped classmate while re-enacting Fifty Shades of Grey’
- Former Oregon State student Kendra Sunderland to face court on indecency charges after filming porn at school library
- At least 30 hurt and some feared dead as Los Angeles commuter train hits a truck and derails in fiery crash
JACKSON, Ky. -- A former Breathitt County teacher is in jail after a grand jury indicted him on more than a dozen counts related to sex with female students.
Commonwealth's Attorney Darrell Herald told the Lexington Herald-Leader that charges against teacher Charles Andrew Mitchell include first-degree sexual abuse.
Mitchell is no longer a teacher, although it was not immediately clear whether he quit or was fired.
The 27-year-old was jailed Friday in Three Forks Regional Detention Center in Beattyville. Jail officials had no record of an attorney for Mitchell.
The grand jury also indicted Breathitt County schools Superintendent Arch Turner and other officials for failing to report an allegation of sexual contact between a teacher and a student.