Breathitt Teacher Charles Andrew Mitchell Accused Of Sex With Students
More from U.S. Headlines
- Clock kid Ahmed Mohamed is seeking $15M after his arrest
- Texas woman shoots at purse snatcher caught outside Walmart
- Police arrest 18-year-old Larry Taylor in connection to rape and murder of pastor's pregnant wife
- Bakery’s ‘politically incorrect’ sign prompts reaction
- Man wields samurai sword inside NYC Apple Store
JACKSON, Ky. -- A former Breathitt County teacher is in jail after a grand jury indicted him on more than a dozen counts related to sex with female students.
Commonwealth's Attorney Darrell Herald told the Lexington Herald-Leader that charges against teacher Charles Andrew Mitchell include first-degree sexual abuse.
Mitchell is no longer a teacher, although it was not immediately clear whether he quit or was fired.
The 27-year-old was jailed Friday in Three Forks Regional Detention Center in Beattyville. Jail officials had no record of an attorney for Mitchell.
The grand jury also indicted Breathitt County schools Superintendent Arch Turner and other officials for failing to report an allegation of sexual contact between a teacher and a student.