Breathitt Teacher Charles Andrew Mitchell Accused Of Sex With Students
More from U.S. Headlines
- Authorities say they found 2.7 pounds of cocaine in woman's bra at airport
- Maryland man Carlos Hollins arrested after Twitter post saying 'KILL ALL THE WHITE PPL'
- Kentucky clerk Kim Davis found in contempt of court, ordered to jail
- Arielle Engert allegedly offered oral sex to three cops to get all charges dropped
- Fresno Apartment Fire Interview : Man saves his family and barbecued ribs from house fire, gives incredible interview about it
JACKSON, Ky. -- A former Breathitt County teacher is in jail after a grand jury indicted him on more than a dozen counts related to sex with female students.
Commonwealth's Attorney Darrell Herald told the Lexington Herald-Leader that charges against teacher Charles Andrew Mitchell include first-degree sexual abuse.
Mitchell is no longer a teacher, although it was not immediately clear whether he quit or was fired.
The 27-year-old was jailed Friday in Three Forks Regional Detention Center in Beattyville. Jail officials had no record of an attorney for Mitchell.
The grand jury also indicted Breathitt County schools Superintendent Arch Turner and other officials for failing to report an allegation of sexual contact between a teacher and a student.