Breathitt Teacher Charles Andrew Mitchell Accused Of Sex With Students
More from U.S. Headlines
- 1 dead, 1 injured after Virgin Galactic spaceship crashes during test flight in California
- Go get him, Alabama deputies tell dog, which promptly leads them to its drug suspect owner
- Micah Dailey’s Go Directly To Jail shirt becomes an internet hit
- Texas woman Megan Hoelting ‘sexually assaulted’ man
- Arizona girl tells school nurse: Mom 'whupped' me with extension cord
JACKSON, Ky. -- A former Breathitt County teacher is in jail after a grand jury indicted him on more than a dozen counts related to sex with female students.
Commonwealth's Attorney Darrell Herald told the Lexington Herald-Leader that charges against teacher Charles Andrew Mitchell include first-degree sexual abuse.
Mitchell is no longer a teacher, although it was not immediately clear whether he quit or was fired.
The 27-year-old was jailed Friday in Three Forks Regional Detention Center in Beattyville. Jail officials had no record of an attorney for Mitchell.
The grand jury also indicted Breathitt County schools Superintendent Arch Turner and other officials for failing to report an allegation of sexual contact between a teacher and a student.