Breathitt Teacher Charles Andrew Mitchell Accused Of Sex With Students
More from U.S. Headlines
- Teacher Abigal Simon accused of sex with 15-year old student claims he raped her
- Four female guards fell pregnant to same inmate in Baltimore prison
- High school student Alexa De Armas arrested, accused of running prostitution ring
- Ferguson grand jury reaches decision on Darren Wilson, reports say
- Florida man Phuc Kieu, 58, 'looked at pornography in his car before attacking a man and trying to rape him and steal his money'
JACKSON, Ky. -- A former Breathitt County teacher is in jail after a grand jury indicted him on more than a dozen counts related to sex with female students.
Commonwealth's Attorney Darrell Herald told the Lexington Herald-Leader that charges against teacher Charles Andrew Mitchell include first-degree sexual abuse.
Mitchell is no longer a teacher, although it was not immediately clear whether he quit or was fired.
The 27-year-old was jailed Friday in Three Forks Regional Detention Center in Beattyville. Jail officials had no record of an attorney for Mitchell.
The grand jury also indicted Breathitt County schools Superintendent Arch Turner and other officials for failing to report an allegation of sexual contact between a teacher and a student.