Reebok forced to pull controversial 'Cheat On Your Girlfriend, Not Your Workout' ad campaign
More from U.S. Headlines
- Sickening twist: NJ mom Narges Shafeirad poisoned young son before fiery car crash, police say
- Florida woman Cynthia Anderson who drowned puppy at airport gets probation
- Florida woman Virginia Wyche found guilty of shooting pregnant friend, killing baby over Facebook argument
- Caught on camera: SUV drives wrong way in HOV lane
- Photo of students appearing to grope teacher Amy Douglas sparks investigation
A controversial Reebok ad has been removed from display following widespread complaints.
The poster, which ran at a gym affiliated with the brand in Germany, was intended to motivate, with the slogan: 'Cheat on your girlfriend, not on your workout.'
Instead, however, it was met with a consumer backlash, and the sportswear firm pulled the ad and acknowledged that it was 'offensive'.
The promotional gaffe was not part of a worldwide marketing campaign, but thanks to social media, the reaction has been global.