Reebok forced to pull controversial 'Cheat On Your Girlfriend, Not Your Workout' ad campaign
More from U.S. Headlines
- NYPD release shocking footage of knife-wielding burglar crawling into bedroom
- 'Multiple victims' in shooting at family planning centre in Colorado Springs
- ‘Simpsons’ bully namesake put among NYC’s worst teachers
- ‘Coupon bandit’ allegedly stole $2.7K worth of newspapers
- Florida teacher Virginia Hinckley accused of sexual activity with student is pregnant, according to post from family
A controversial Reebok ad has been removed from display following widespread complaints.
The poster, which ran at a gym affiliated with the brand in Germany, was intended to motivate, with the slogan: 'Cheat on your girlfriend, not on your workout.'
Instead, however, it was met with a consumer backlash, and the sportswear firm pulled the ad and acknowledged that it was 'offensive'.
The promotional gaffe was not part of a worldwide marketing campaign, but thanks to social media, the reaction has been global.