Reebok forced to pull controversial 'Cheat On Your Girlfriend, Not Your Workout' ad campaign
More from U.S. Headlines
- Man pretending to be armored truck employee, walks out of Walmart with $75,000
- Oregon bakery fined $200,000 for denying wedding cake to lesbian couple
- More than 20 injured after deck collapses in North Carolina
- Your future is going to be amazing: Hillary Clinton comments on ‘Humans of New York’ gay teen photo that Facebook removed
- Jumping fish kills girl, 5, in Florida
A controversial Reebok ad has been removed from display following widespread complaints.
The poster, which ran at a gym affiliated with the brand in Germany, was intended to motivate, with the slogan: 'Cheat on your girlfriend, not on your workout.'
Instead, however, it was met with a consumer backlash, and the sportswear firm pulled the ad and acknowledged that it was 'offensive'.
The promotional gaffe was not part of a worldwide marketing campaign, but thanks to social media, the reaction has been global.