Reebok forced to pull controversial 'Cheat On Your Girlfriend, Not Your Workout' ad campaign
More from U.S. Headlines
- Florida woman Michelle Sandford asks policeman if she can bring her weed in the police car
- Dramatic video: Officer breaks window, saves 25-year-old woman passed out on freeway
- Pennsylvania lawyer Kimberly Kitchen ‘worked for 10 years and was made partner despite having NO legal training’
- Business leaders and celebs speak out against Indiana law
- This man might be the dumbest criminal ever
A controversial Reebok ad has been removed from display following widespread complaints.
The poster, which ran at a gym affiliated with the brand in Germany, was intended to motivate, with the slogan: 'Cheat on your girlfriend, not on your workout.'
Instead, however, it was met with a consumer backlash, and the sportswear firm pulled the ad and acknowledged that it was 'offensive'.
The promotional gaffe was not part of a worldwide marketing campaign, but thanks to social media, the reaction has been global.