Reebok forced to pull controversial 'Cheat On Your Girlfriend, Not Your Workout' ad campaign
More from U.S. Headlines
- Officer to motorist: ‘You made direct eye contact’
- Former FEMA chief Michael Brown: Stop blaming me for Katrina
- Sue's Day Care in Oklahoma investigated, accused of drugging children
- Gunman's family speaks out after journalists slain on live TV
- Father of slain journalist speaks out, takes aim at gun laws in emotional interview
A controversial Reebok ad has been removed from display following widespread complaints.
The poster, which ran at a gym affiliated with the brand in Germany, was intended to motivate, with the slogan: 'Cheat on your girlfriend, not on your workout.'
Instead, however, it was met with a consumer backlash, and the sportswear firm pulled the ad and acknowledged that it was 'offensive'.
The promotional gaffe was not part of a worldwide marketing campaign, but thanks to social media, the reaction has been global.