Reebok forced to pull controversial 'Cheat On Your Girlfriend, Not Your Workout' ad campaign
More from U.S. Headlines
- Florida woman Mila Dago text boyfriend before fatal crash: 'Driving drunk woo... I'll be dead thanks to you'
- Woman who left dog locked in hot car ‘ordered to sit in it to see how it felt’
- Montana man ‘likes’ his own wanted post on Facebook, gets arrested
- Single mother Kaitlyn Walls fired from job over Facebook post
- Professor fails entire class with the most withering email ever
A controversial Reebok ad has been removed from display following widespread complaints.
The poster, which ran at a gym affiliated with the brand in Germany, was intended to motivate, with the slogan: 'Cheat on your girlfriend, not on your workout.'
Instead, however, it was met with a consumer backlash, and the sportswear firm pulled the ad and acknowledged that it was 'offensive'.
The promotional gaffe was not part of a worldwide marketing campaign, but thanks to social media, the reaction has been global.