Reebok forced to pull controversial 'Cheat On Your Girlfriend, Not Your Workout' ad campaign
More from U.S. Headlines
- PICTURED: Tamir Rice, 12, shot dead by cops after 'waving around' BB gun in playground even though 911 caller told them it was fake
- Ex-Miss Teen Oregon winner Jamie France arrested on drug charges
- Teacher caught on camera forcing student into pool during gym class
- High school principal Warren Bell under fire for allegedly using gang sign
- Restaurant manager ‘apologises’ to homophobic customers for gay waiter
A controversial Reebok ad has been removed from display following widespread complaints.
The poster, which ran at a gym affiliated with the brand in Germany, was intended to motivate, with the slogan: 'Cheat on your girlfriend, not on your workout.'
Instead, however, it was met with a consumer backlash, and the sportswear firm pulled the ad and acknowledged that it was 'offensive'.
The promotional gaffe was not part of a worldwide marketing campaign, but thanks to social media, the reaction has been global.