Reebok forced to pull controversial 'Cheat On Your Girlfriend, Not Your Workout' ad campaign
More from U.S. Headlines
- Santa urinating on Obama sign is not going down well – at all
- Getting raped while drunk is ‘a learning experience’, says author
- Car punges through the roof of a California home
- Amana Holley called a Barbie, doll and ‘too feminine’ to be a police officer
- TGI Friday’s mistletoe drone ‘crashes into woman’s face and cuts it open’
A controversial Reebok ad has been removed from display following widespread complaints.
The poster, which ran at a gym affiliated with the brand in Germany, was intended to motivate, with the slogan: 'Cheat on your girlfriend, not on your workout.'
Instead, however, it was met with a consumer backlash, and the sportswear firm pulled the ad and acknowledged that it was 'offensive'.
The promotional gaffe was not part of a worldwide marketing campaign, but thanks to social media, the reaction has been global.