Reebok forced to pull controversial 'Cheat On Your Girlfriend, Not Your Workout' ad campaign
More from U.S. Headlines
- Go get him, Alabama deputies tell dog, which promptly leads them to its drug suspect owner
- Micah Dailey’s Go Directly To Jail shirt becomes an internet hit
- Texas woman Megan Hoelting ‘sexually assaulted’ man
- Arizona girl tells school nurse: Mom 'whupped' me with extension cord
- Director of woman walking in New York video Rob Bliss answers questions on Reddit
A controversial Reebok ad has been removed from display following widespread complaints.
The poster, which ran at a gym affiliated with the brand in Germany, was intended to motivate, with the slogan: 'Cheat on your girlfriend, not on your workout.'
Instead, however, it was met with a consumer backlash, and the sportswear firm pulled the ad and acknowledged that it was 'offensive'.
The promotional gaffe was not part of a worldwide marketing campaign, but thanks to social media, the reaction has been global.