Alicia Ann Lynch loses job and gets death threats as nude photos spread online
A Michigan woman has been fired from her job and subjected to vicious cyber-bullying after causing an uproar online by posting a photo of herself at an office Halloween party dressed as a Boston Marathon bomb
Alicia Ann Lynch, 22, sparked an outrage by donning the insensitive costume consisting of athletic gear and fake blood smeared on her face and legs.
'And the most offensive costume at work goes to...#toosoon?' she wrote. Her Twitter account, @Some SKANKinMI has since been suspended.
Since posting the picture, users on Twitter have come after the 22-year-old, calling her an 'absolutely disgusting human being' and saying her costume was 'insensitive, low, [and] heartless'.
Even one of the Boston Marathon victims, Sydney Corcoran, tweeted at the woman for her outrageous costume.
'@SomeSKANKinMI You should be ashamed, my mother lost both of her legs and I almost died in the marathon. You need a filter.'
Lynch's social media faux pas got her into more trouble when users discovered that she posted her driver's license online with the address clearly visible.
Exposed: The blog EveryJoe.com has since unearthed nearly two dozen photos of the Bay City, Michigan, resident posing nude
Backlash: Lynch, pictured in selfies posted on her social media pages, said she has been let go from her job and targeted by bullies threatening to kill and rape her
'I forgot you can anonymously send s*** (literally, s***) through the mail. I think @SomeSKANKinMI can expect a delivery' a user named Mark wrote.
The blog EveryJoe.com has since unearthed nearly two dozen photos of the Bay City, Michigan, resident posing nude or in little more than her underwear.
The X-rated images and videos had been originally posted on her Tumblr account, which has since been shut down along with her Twitter and Facebook pages.
In some of the photos, the young brunette is seen topless or covering her breasts with her hands. At least one of the images depicts her naked buttocks.
'You need a filter': The bombings at last year's Boston Marathon resulted in the death of five people. One of the victim's of the bombing tweeted at Lynch saying she 'should be ashamed'
In response to the abusive comments, Lynch tweeted: 'Plz stop with the death threats towards my parents. They did nothing wrong. I was the one in the wrong and I am paying for being insensitive.'
For a while, Lynch took down her Twitter but then briefly reopened it in an attempt to apologize once and for all about the costume.
In addition to a simple 'I'm sorry' tweet, she also said: 'I have been fired from my job. I am paying for what I thought was a simple joke. I know it was wrong now. I wasn't thinking.'
When the backlash continued into November, many Twitter users started speaking out against the hate messages directed at Lynch.
User @HannahBuhnanz said that she ran the marathon and knows that 'angry responses are exactly what fueled the bombings to begin with.'
'You guys, stop,' she wrote. 'Cyber bullying another human being is not going to undo her actions. She has apologized.'
This week, she sent a message to Buzzfeed, which originally reported the online outrage, to once again apologize for her actions.
'It seems as though my outfit was too soon, and will always be that way, it was wrong of me and very distasteful,' she wrote. 'My costume was not meant to disrespect anyone, ever. I am truly sorry to anyone that I may have offended or hurt with this. I know my apology doesn't ever fix anything that has been done, but at least know that I am being sincere. I can't undo my actions or make up for them, but my apology is a start.'
In a strange twist, Lynch said she didn't post any of the apology tweets when her account was briefly reopened.
'I had apologized a few hours after posting and the apology went to deaf ears and blind eyes, so I had deleted all my social accounts,' she said. 'It seems someone is trying to look out for me and help me make things better, which I also great appreciate.'
In her interview with BuzzFeed, Lynch said she had received voicemails containing threats on her life.
‘They want to slit my throat and they want to hang me and tear off my face,’ she said, adding that her friend was told by a stranger that ‘they’re going to blow up her house and hang her child.’
However, the 22-year-old said the threats of rape were worst of all since she was the victim of a sexual assault last Thanksgiving.
Contrite: Lynch has apologized multiple times on Twitter and to Buzzfeed for the inappropriate costume
Gender card: Lynch said that if she were a man, she would not have been judged as harshly for her poor costume choice
‘When people bring up the rape stuff, it kind of hits a spot, but I don’t show it. I’m over it, but it’s something that I would never, ever wish upon someone no matter what they had done. They can dress however they want.’
Lynch played down the enitre incident, calming that her intent was simply to celebrate the Day of the Dead by being ‘funny.’
‘I was a survivor of a marathon,’ she said. ‘And it’s not like I was walking around with a fake leg or my arm torn off or something like that.’
Lynch said that before donning the outfit, she ran the idea by the father of a friend, who ran in the Boston Marathon, and he was not offended by it.
The 22-year-old also insisted that if she were a man, she would not have been judged so harshly by her critics.
Going forward, Lynch sounded confident that she will have no problem finding a new job even if a potential employer decided to look up her name online.
'I have nothing to hide,' she said. 'It happened, I made a mistake. I just have to learn from it. I’m not a terrible person.'
A high school teacher in Utah has been arrested for allegedly having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old student who was able to accurately describe ... Full story
- Loving Family: Man 'had sex with his sister-in-law so that she could get pregnant rather than getting IVF treatments'
- How NOT to dive off a diving board
- Miss Teen Colorado runner up Kristy Althaus turns porn star
- Tiffany York: Stepfather of girl, 17, killed by soldiers planning to assassinate the President lunges at them in court
- 'No school tomorrow, all the children in Gaza are dead': Far-right Israelis sing sickening chants in the street to celebrate latest deaths of Palestinian infants
- Airports alert over Ebola: Passengers from Africa who show symptoms will be sent to secure isolation units
- Verizon boosts FiOS uploads to match downloads
- The victims of Flight MH17: First pictures of passengers who perished as Putin blames Ukraine for death of 298 innocent souls - but DOESN'T deny Russian separatists shot it down with missile
- Shocking new accounts of the carnage at the MH17 crash site have emerged today
- Twitter discloses diversity numbers — most workers are white or Asian
- 3 men Sebastian Andrade, Cory Ben-Hanania and Kevin McCaffrey charged in death of Johns Creek woman
- Is Hamas using human shields in Gaza? UN finds TWO stashes of rockets hidden in empty school next to makeshift housing for 3,000 displaced Palestinians
- Pilot Michael James Pascal charged after allegedly groping a sleeping 14-year-old girl
- High school teacher Carly McKinney, 23, 'tweeted nude photos of herself, called her students JAIL BAIT and talked about getting high'
- Woman was born with no vagina; can't have sex or babies
- Catholic girls' school teacher admits lesbian affair with student, 17, after plying her with alcohol
- The Facebook photo of a high school basketball coach Laraine Cook being groped by her fiance that got her fired
- Kazakh volleyball player Sabina Altynbekova so attractive nobody watches the sport anymore
- Flight MH17's first pictures of passengers emerge
- American doctor Kent Brantly battling deadly Ebola virus says he is 'terrified'
- Tiffany Six: Porn star teacher loses appeal to return to the classroom
- Black man tries to buy $1300 watch, gets arrested
- Obama hauls Central American leaders to White House to order them to stop immigration flood - but they blame HIM for 'ambiguous' policies
- Microsoft’s parody of ‘Sexy and I Know It’ is most embarrassing thing ever
- Beyonce recreates iconic Rosie the Riveter feminist poster in new photo shoot
- McStay Family Update: Human remains found in Mojave Desert belong to Calif. family missing since 2010, relative says
- Miley Cyrus offered $1million to work on porn movie
- Kylie Jenner and Scott get the finger from rude model
- Manchester United 7-0 LA Galaxy: Wayne Rooney, Reece James and Ashley Young doubles ensure perfect start for Louis van Gaal
- Teens Charles Horton, Joshua Carney Arrested in Athens BB Gun Shootings
- Controversial pastor Arthur Allen dies in house fire
- Jaimie Alexander Goes Without Underwear in Shocking Sheer Dress With Body-Flashing Cutouts: Pictures
- Louisa Ball: Real-life Sleeping Beauty who sleeps for two weeks at a time
- Congressional staffer Dianne Reidy goes on bizarre rant about Freemasons and God
- Lady Gaga 'dumped' by boyfriend as he can't handle her alter-egos
- Jenny McCarthy is 'terrified' after screwing over Oprah
- USB security flaw that lets hackers take over computers discovered
- Plans for a reality show about Charlie Sheen's custody war
- Rabbi Noah Muroff finds $100K of forgotten cash in desk bought on Craigslist
- Faysal Himon, NYC cab driver, avoids charges in accident that left tourist without a foot, report says
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam )
- Eat for heart health
- 'MH17 lost speed, altitude and veered 14km off course before being tailed by Ukrainian jet': Sensational claims from Russia who say 'all will be revealed in the black box'
- Killer of Kelsey Grammer's sister denied parole
- Paulding woman Tina Waddell attacked, seriously injured on Silver Comet Trail
- Plastic Container Symbols for Food Grade Plastics
- 400-meter asteroid sighted may 'blow up the earth' in 2032
- Iraq elects new president as attacks kill dozens
- Sylvia Mitchell Update: "Sorry" NYC psychic gets 5 to15 years in prison for conning clients
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 380
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31
- Teacher Ashley Payne fired for posting picture of herself holding beer on Facebook 29
- 15-Year-Old Held In Girlfriend Angel Freeman's Killing; Gun Found In Creek 26
- New Mexico pastor Gregory Griego, woman, two girls and a boy shot dead during Saturday night shooting spree 25
- 'Wrap your legs around my head': Married Fox weatherman Geoff Fox fired after 'inappropriate' sexting chats with female photographer 22
- Teen Alex Dahm charged with drug possession 21
- Marietta Teen James Glover to be Tried as Adult in beating of a 94-year-old man 20
- Syfy's new show 'Defiance' sucks 20
- Dekalb County Teen Marquis Overstreet Found Shot, Killed, Stabbed 30 Times 19
- Joyriding teens Dustin Surrett, Tessa Upton nabbed in stolen Jaguar 19
- 17-year-old Quavante Combs drowns in Lake Lanier 18
- Husband James Felio Killed By Police After Fight With Wife 17
- James Taylor Named By Colleagues As Pilot From Cockpit Rant 17
- Babysitter Loni Bouchard 'had sex with boy, 14, she was hired to look after' 16
- Suspect In Double Homicide Michael Ntiamoah Is Federal Officer 15
- Police: Woman talking on cell caused crash killing 2 15
- Teacher Shannon Schmieder Sentenced to 40 Years for Affair with 14 Year Old 15
- Police: Ex-Substitute Rene Frank Pregnant With Student’s Twins 14
- Colin Kaepernick: Biological mother Heidi Russo wants relationship with quarterback son she gave up 14
- Teens Sarah Riffe, Michael Perry killed by Jeep in east Georgia town 13
- Gwinnett, Forsyth teens Brandon Hodges, Christian Walker, killed in wreck 13
- Tennessee woman Neena Costanza charged in death of her baby girl by her boyfriend 13
- Teen Demarquis Elkins Arrested in Georgia Baby Shooting Death 13
- Emma Watson suffers wardrobe malfunction night out 12
- Fleeing Driver Adam Sides Hits Officer Head-On During Chase 12
- Smyrna Police Officer Curtis Clyde Cook Fired After Drug Bust 12
- 16-Year-Old Son Charged In Crash That Killed His Mother 12
- 3 Pedestrians Hit, 2 Dead near Interstate 675 in Stockbridge 12
- Atlanta Woman Lashawna Threatt Dies after Fall from W Hotel Room 11
- Florida Man Steven Cozzie Held In Slaying of Georgia Teen Courtney Wilkes in Florida 11
- PICTURED: The assistant Melissa Nelson fired by dentist because she was 'irresistably attractive' and 'threat to his marriage' 11
- Teens Jekari Strozier, Antonio Pass, Johnathan Anthony, Kemonta Bonds charged in death of Mableton man 11
- Teen Cheyenne Sauls Killed In Crash; 17-Year-Old Driver Charged With DUI 10
- Daytona Woman Katie Burson Dies After House Party Shooting 10
- Florida woman Danisa Landaeta arrested for drawing picture of bomb on friend's bag at Miami International Airport 10
- Cops: Mableton Woman Chakaya Folborg stabs sister to death with steak knife 9
- Atlanta Woman Crystal Cross Alleges Beating From Ga. State Patrol 9
- UPDATE: Teen Terry Johnson, Charged In Murder of Shakira Hudson 8
- LA Fitness Manager Juhahn Belcher 's Death Ruled Suspicious 8
- Newnan officer Josh Keller shoots girlfriend in abdomen 8
- Off-Duty Officer Shoots Teen In Nightclub Parking Lot 8
- Dunkin' Donuts employee Melissa Redmond busted for prostitution; sold sex out of restaurant 8
- Teenage Boy Cody Riddle Drowns In Boone Lake 8
- Female Driver Priscilla Johnson Charged After Hitting 3 Teens with Car 8
- Pedestrian Latara Worthy run over, killed in Union City 8
- Revealed: Dramatic pictures of Trayvon's lifeless body as new evidence shows Zimmerman bleeding with 'broken nose' 8
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|