PwC auditor quits job with ranting email filled with hashtags
- Letter criticizes colleagues for working late to impress partners and ends with list of reasons why Beyonce is better than Britney
- Accounting graduate from Texas says she has no regrets about resignation from PriceWaterhouseCoopers
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 09:49 EST, 19 November 2013 | UPDATED: 10:12 EST, 19 November 2013
A young auditor from Texas sent her entire team an 'I quit' email full of hashtags that accused her coworkers of being fake.
In a long email sent on Monday last week, Glory told her PricewaterhouseCoopers colleagues auditing is 'for people who truly don't have any other options'.
The message, titled Farewell and QUEEN BEY ALL DAY! singled out individual employees for criticism and ended with a rant about how Beyonce trumps Britney Spears.
Scroll down for video
'I quit': Auditor Glory resigned from her job in a ranting email that quickly went viral
At first her resignation sounded regular, with Glory writing: 'After careful consideration I will be ending my employment with PwC,' according to Gawker.
But as the letter, and quantity of hashtags continued, the auditor criticized her colleagues for faking an interest in a job that involves 'filling out useless workpapers that won't really benefit anybody'.
'After asking dozens upon dozens of auditors what they think of their jobs and getting responses that include "I love my job!" or "I wouldn't trade it for the world," I realized just how fake auditors can be,' Glory wrote.
In the letter that she wrote from her bed, she went on to offer some pointers to her colleagues, including 'get a real career that has meaning', and calling for an end to coach and partner meetings that she described, in a series of hashtags as: '#thatishissoawkward #icantdeal #soforced #fakeconvosforfakeauditors #noidontwanttogazeintoyoureyesatatablefortwo #waytoointimateformytaste'.
A week after resigning, Glory said she had no regrets. In an interview with Noir CPA she said: 'I'm not going to sit here and worry about potential negative effects in my life.'
In her letter, the young professional who had a background in finance, including two internships, hit back at those who arrived early and stayed late when partners were in town, and treated them like royalty.
'The reality is, THEY'RE NOT! They are average Joe's like you and I, only their pockets are a little bigger,' she said.
The email then became more personal, as Glory singled out colleagues for individual criticism, berating them for going on about how stressed they are, talking about their home lives and giving Glory 'the side eye'.
The first team member, whose name was redacted from copies of the email that quickly went viral, was singled out for 'constantly trying to throw me under the bus'.
'Everyday we suffer from hearing this ish as well as listening to your countless stories about your girlfriend,' Glory wrote.
'You're such a gossiper that sometimes I think you're more feminine then you appear. Who does that? You're a grown man, get your life!'
For good measure she threw in a handful of hashtags for the male employee, including: '#yourlifesucksandyouclearlyknowit' and '#someoneneedstheirvagwaxed #ohwaityoudonthaveone'.]
Daily grind: The day-to-day reality of being an auditor sparked a spectacular resignation email from one employee
Another coworker was berated for giving her the 'side eye', with Glory writing to her: 'I think those eyeballs need some readjusting. Girl, stop!'
With the last colleague to come in for criticism, Glory wrote: 'Where do I start? You hate yourself and your job, let's be honest.'
She added: 'Your cat doesn't care about you so stop caring about it. Stories about your nasty cat are unbearable.'
The rant ended with a list of ten reasons why Beyonce is a better performer than Britney Spears, before signing off with: 'Beyonce wins and now that I'm I'm out of here, I win too!!! #doingtheharlemshakeasitype'.
Since writing the letter, Glory said she has had some positive responses from people thanking her for 'giving them a voice'.
But the email also attracted negative and, in some cases, racist responses as commentators accused Glory of being a 'diversity hire'.
'I was definitely very shocked by how many racist people there still are,' she said, adding that claims she had been a 'diversity hire' were absurd.
The accounting graduate doesn't believe the letter will affect future employment, and said: 'I sent the email and didn't look back.'
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
- Brittany Weyandt: Woman, 20, arrested after giving birth to 14-year-old's baby
- Loving Family: Man 'had sex with his sister-in-law so that she could get pregnant rather than getting IVF treatments'
- Kazakh volleyball player Sabina Altynbekova so attractive nobody watches the sport anymore
- Woman claims she was attacked by Abby Hernandez alleged kidnapper Nathaniel Kibby
- Beyonce recreates iconic Rosie the Riveter feminist poster in new photo shoot
- 'No school tomorrow, all the children in Gaza are dead': Far-right Israelis sing sickening chants in the street to celebrate latest deaths of Palestinian infants
- S.C. mayor stopped for speeding, pulls over same trooper moments later
- Catholic girls' school teacher admits lesbian affair with student, 17, after plying her with alcohol
- Miss Teen Colorado runner up Kristy Althaus turns porn star
- Rihanna gives fan world's most awkward lap-dance
- Ingenious things grown-ups can do with baby products
- Michael Jace appears in court as he waives preliminary hearing over wife's murder
- Husband of missing mother-of-two from Oregon breaks down in emotional plea for help to anyone with information
- Atlanta airport shut down after electrical explosion
- High school teacher Carly McKinney, 23, 'tweeted nude photos of herself, called her students JAIL BAIT and talked about getting high'
- Tracy Morgan released from hospital, launches legal action
- 'I barely came out of my last relationship alive!' Hunky TV explorer who says his cat was 'lucky to escape being boiled' by last girlfriend tells of his quest for love
- Married Frank 'Perk' Hixon, Jr, claims he stole $1 million to support his love child
- Kansas girl, Galazia Niehaus, dead after being stabbed in her home
- Police: Women use checks stolen during fatal shooting of Jerrick Jackson
- Florida woman Danielle Barron prostitutes herself in her home as infant slept nearby 'because she is addicted to money'
- DUI suspect Sherri Wilkins 'drives more than 2 miles with man she fatally struck stuck in the windshield of her car'
- Police: Parents Melanie Prichard and Robert Downey charged in death of 8-month-old girl
- Clayton Man Nehemiah Johnson Jr charged with killing Riverdale mom Rochelle Thomas
- Day care director Shadia Ross accused of stealing thousands from business
- Student: Football Coach Kevin Pope Pointed BB Gun At My Head
- Teacher Ashley Payne fired for posting picture of herself holding beer on Facebook
- Boy aged FOUR is elected mayor of Minnesota town after his name was picked out a hat
- Lingerie Bowl 2012
- Super drunk' hockey star Riley Sheahan charged with DUI - while dressed in purple Teletubbies suit
- Dontrell Darling: Fla. boy, 9, shot in face in drive-by while sleeping in his home
- Harry Potter actor David Legeno found dead in California desert
- Rihanna celebrates Germany’s World Cup win over Argentina – by lifting her top
- Man dies at the beach after being BURIED ALIVE by sand tunnel he was digging
- Shocking new video shows another NYPD officer choking a suspect after police commissioner ordered 'top to bottom' review of choke-hold police following death of Staten Island father
- The good, the bad and the derelict: Stunning photos reveal the abandoned old boomtown of Japan's once bustling old west theme park where the fake Rio Grande, Mount Rushmore and droves of animatronic gunslingers entertain only ghosts
- 'Thank you!' Teen cancer survivor denied dentures by insurance company will be smiling again in just two weeks after public raises more than $17,000
- 3 men Sebastian Andrade, Cory Ben-Hanania and Kevin McCaffrey charged in death of Johns Creek woman
- Man's pregnant wife refused
- Drug could be pneumonia therapy
- Michael Parson: Man who shot wife 8 times gets 35-year sentence
- Tourists line up to sniff corpse flower in Belgium
- Louisa Ball: Real-life Sleeping Beauty who sleeps for two weeks at a time
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam )
- The Pregnant Man splits from his wife - after finishing female to male gender surgery
- Does technology hinder or help toddlers' learning?
- Prosecutors: Babysitter Sarah Gumm charged with murder slammed baby down on table
- Jessica Tata sentenced to 80 years for Texas day care fire that killed four toddlers
- Police on the hunt for two men after college student Peter DiSabatino, 20, is shot dead
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 380
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31
- Teacher Ashley Payne fired for posting picture of herself holding beer on Facebook 29
- 15-Year-Old Held In Girlfriend Angel Freeman's Killing; Gun Found In Creek 26
- New Mexico pastor Gregory Griego, woman, two girls and a boy shot dead during Saturday night shooting spree 25
- 'Wrap your legs around my head': Married Fox weatherman Geoff Fox fired after 'inappropriate' sexting chats with female photographer 22
- Teen Alex Dahm charged with drug possession 21
- Marietta Teen James Glover to be Tried as Adult in beating of a 94-year-old man 20
- Syfy's new show 'Defiance' sucks 20
- Dekalb County Teen Marquis Overstreet Found Shot, Killed, Stabbed 30 Times 19
- Joyriding teens Dustin Surrett, Tessa Upton nabbed in stolen Jaguar 19
- 17-year-old Quavante Combs drowns in Lake Lanier 18
- Husband James Felio Killed By Police After Fight With Wife 17
- James Taylor Named By Colleagues As Pilot From Cockpit Rant 17
- Babysitter Loni Bouchard 'had sex with boy, 14, she was hired to look after' 16
- Suspect In Double Homicide Michael Ntiamoah Is Federal Officer 15
- Police: Woman talking on cell caused crash killing 2 15
- Teacher Shannon Schmieder Sentenced to 40 Years for Affair with 14 Year Old 15
- Police: Ex-Substitute Rene Frank Pregnant With Student’s Twins 14
- Colin Kaepernick: Biological mother Heidi Russo wants relationship with quarterback son she gave up 14
- Teens Sarah Riffe, Michael Perry killed by Jeep in east Georgia town 13
- Gwinnett, Forsyth teens Brandon Hodges, Christian Walker, killed in wreck 13
- Tennessee woman Neena Costanza charged in death of her baby girl by her boyfriend 13
- Teen Demarquis Elkins Arrested in Georgia Baby Shooting Death 13
- Emma Watson suffers wardrobe malfunction night out 12
- Fleeing Driver Adam Sides Hits Officer Head-On During Chase 12
- Smyrna Police Officer Curtis Clyde Cook Fired After Drug Bust 12
- 16-Year-Old Son Charged In Crash That Killed His Mother 12
- 3 Pedestrians Hit, 2 Dead near Interstate 675 in Stockbridge 12
- Atlanta Woman Lashawna Threatt Dies after Fall from W Hotel Room 11
- Florida Man Steven Cozzie Held In Slaying of Georgia Teen Courtney Wilkes in Florida 11
- PICTURED: The assistant Melissa Nelson fired by dentist because she was 'irresistably attractive' and 'threat to his marriage' 11
- Teens Jekari Strozier, Antonio Pass, Johnathan Anthony, Kemonta Bonds charged in death of Mableton man 11
- Teen Cheyenne Sauls Killed In Crash; 17-Year-Old Driver Charged With DUI 10
- Daytona Woman Katie Burson Dies After House Party Shooting 10
- Florida woman Danisa Landaeta arrested for drawing picture of bomb on friend's bag at Miami International Airport 10
- Cops: Mableton Woman Chakaya Folborg stabs sister to death with steak knife 9
- Atlanta Woman Crystal Cross Alleges Beating From Ga. State Patrol 9
- UPDATE: Teen Terry Johnson, Charged In Murder of Shakira Hudson 8
- LA Fitness Manager Juhahn Belcher 's Death Ruled Suspicious 8
- Newnan officer Josh Keller shoots girlfriend in abdomen 8
- Off-Duty Officer Shoots Teen In Nightclub Parking Lot 8
- Dunkin' Donuts employee Melissa Redmond busted for prostitution; sold sex out of restaurant 8
- Teenage Boy Cody Riddle Drowns In Boone Lake 8
- Female Driver Priscilla Johnson Charged After Hitting 3 Teens with Car 8
- Pedestrian Latara Worthy run over, killed in Union City 8
- Revealed: Dramatic pictures of Trayvon's lifeless body as new evidence shows Zimmerman bleeding with 'broken nose' 8
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|