- New HEG poll of early Georgia voters shows Reps leading with over 50 percent in Senate, Governor races
- 2 People Dead After Small plane hits airport building in Wichita, KS
- Isis behead 30 people in Iraq
- Police looking for pregnant, cape-wearing robbery suspect
- J Lo says panic attack led to divorce from Marc Anthony
- Rap Mogul Suge Knight Charged With Robbery
- Brain Cancer Patient Brittany Maynard Delays Assisted Death
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 to win World Series
- NY woman Catherine Butler dressed as zombie arrested for DWI twice within 3 hours
- Full list of movies arriving, leaving Netflix in November
Tucker McGee arrested for murder just hours after human skull is found 'with a bullet hole' believed to be that of a missing girl
More from Regional
- 14-year-old girl charged in fatal Chicago shooting of Endia Martin
- Courtney Ann Sanford dies in car crash while posting about ‘Happy’
- Former Fortune 500 exec Robert Dellinger charged with murder
- Train commuters run, jump and swing on pole in ‘worst rush hour service ever’
- Aspiring model Chelsea Gerrish, 20, killed in horrific road rage crash after being rammed head-on by father-of-three
- JaRay Wilson, 16, vanished October 15, 2012, from Weatherford, Oklahoma
- Law enforcement agents found skeletal remains dumped near a county road north of Weatherford
- Suspect Tucker McGee, 19, was friends of Wilson on Facebook
By Snejana Farberov
PUBLISHED: 00:32 EST, 18 December 2013 | UPDATED: 02:18 EST, 18 December 2013
The discovery of skeletal remains believed to be a missing 16-year-old girl from Oklahoma was followed Tuesday by the arrest of a teenager in connection to her suspected death.
Tucker Ryan McGee, 19, was taken into custody this afternoon on a first-degree murder complaint following interviews conducted by Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics agents.
McGee's arrest came just hours after law enforcement officials acting on a tip discovered a human skull in a remote area north of the Weatherford airport in Custer County, Oklahoma.
Scroll down for video
Murder mystery: Tucker McGee (left), 19, was arrested in connection to the suspected murder of JaRay Wilson (right), 16, who went missing 14 months ago in Oklahoma
Gruesome find: Law enforcement officials acting on a tip discovered a human skull in a remote area north of Weatherford, Oklahoma
Search effort: JaRay's family and friends set up several Facebook pages to post updates and spread information about the progress of the case
Officials suspect that the remains may be those of JaRay Wilson, 16, who went missing October 15, 2012, the station KFOR-TV reported.
The medical examiner’s office will analyze the skeletal remains to determine the victim’s identity and the cause of death.
A source told The Oklahoman that the young girl, a resident of Weatherford, was shot in the head before being dumped off a county road not far from her family home.
Mark Woodward, a spokesman for the OBN, said McGee was questioned and sent to the Custer County jail.
Records show that the 19-year-old, who was Facebook friends with Wilson, pleaded guilty to a drug charge in March and was put on unsupervised probation.
Connection: McGee (left) and Wilson (right) were friends on Facebook
Violent end: A source told a local newspaper that the girl may have been shot in the head before being dumped
According to investigators, JaRay's death may have been related to drugs of human trafficking, and they said more arrests are possible.
The missing girl's mother, Jara Wilson, told the paper that she received a phone call from investigators about the grisly find, but agents have not revealed anything beyond the possibility that the skull could be that of her daughter.
JaRay's friend Colton Kardokus told News9 that the 16-year-old had a great spirit and knew how to make those around her smile.
News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS