- New HEG poll of early Georgia voters shows Reps leading with over 50 percent in Senate, Governor races
- 2 People Dead After Small plane hits airport building in Wichita, KS
- Isis behead 30 people in Iraq
- Police looking for pregnant, cape-wearing robbery suspect
- J Lo says panic attack led to divorce from Marc Anthony
- Rap Mogul Suge Knight Charged With Robbery
- Brain Cancer Patient Brittany Maynard Delays Assisted Death
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 to win World Series
- NY woman Catherine Butler dressed as zombie arrested for DWI twice within 3 hours
- Full list of movies arriving, leaving Netflix in November
Teacher, 25, arrested at her own high school after being accused of having sex with student
More from Regional
- 14-year-old girl charged in fatal Chicago shooting of Endia Martin
- Courtney Ann Sanford dies in car crash while posting about ‘Happy’
- Former Fortune 500 exec Robert Dellinger charged with murder
- Train commuters run, jump and swing on pole in ‘worst rush hour service ever’
- Aspiring model Chelsea Gerrish, 20, killed in horrific road rage crash after being rammed head-on by father-of-three
- Brittany Marie Phillips of Lexington Senior High School, North Carolina, was in her first year of teaching
- Subsequently removed from school website list of teachers
- Charged with felony sex offence and suspended from work
By Paul Donnelley
PUBLISHED: 13:31 EST, 27 March 2014 | UPDATED: 14:01 EST, 27 March 2014
Accused: Brittany Phillips, a teacher at Lexington Senior High School has been charged with sexual activity with a pupil, according to Lexington police
A 25-year-old female high school teacher has been arrested on suspicion of sex with a pupil.
Brittany Marie Phillips was working at Lexington Senior High School, North Carolina, when she was taken into custody on Monday after an investigation by local police.
She was charged with felony sex offence with a pupil and is no longer at work.
‘Right now, the situation is under investigation, and Miss Phillips has been suspended and is not in contact with any students,’ Lexington City Schools Superintendent Rick Kriesky said.
Detective Benjamin Clayton of the Lexington Police Department said in the arrest warrant that the victim was a pupil at the same school and the alleged offence happened between September 1, 2013, and Monday of this week, the day the warrant was issued.
Lexington Senior High School whose motto is ‘Be someone’ listed Miss Phillips who was in her first year of teaching as responsible for exceptional children. She has since been removed from the school’s website.Brittany Phillips was released from custody after posting a $50,000 secured bond. She is scheduled to appear April 7 in Lexington District Court.
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.