Teacher, 25, arrested at her own high school after being accused of having sex with student
More from Regional
- Iraqi army 'kills ISIS second-in-command in Tikrit' as military begins to force militants from the strategic city
- Crowds carry Boris Nemtsov through streets of Moscow at farewell ceremony
- A long time ago in a Welsh dockyard far away: Never-before-seen images reveal secret 1979 project to construct Star Wars' Millennium Falcon for classic films
- Fancy language, classical music, subliminal messages and 'cakeage': The shocking ways restaurants are TRICKING you into spending more money
- 'She's not a monster!' Mom hits back at cruel internet trolls who made fun of her sick daughter in Instagram memes
- Brittany Marie Phillips of Lexington Senior High School, North Carolina, was in her first year of teaching
- Subsequently removed from school website list of teachers
- Charged with felony sex offence and suspended from work
By Paul Donnelley
PUBLISHED: 13:31 EST, 27 March 2014 | UPDATED: 14:01 EST, 27 March 2014
Accused: Brittany Phillips, a teacher at Lexington Senior High School has been charged with sexual activity with a pupil, according to Lexington police
A 25-year-old female high school teacher has been arrested on suspicion of sex with a pupil.
Brittany Marie Phillips was working at Lexington Senior High School, North Carolina, when she was taken into custody on Monday after an investigation by local police.
She was charged with felony sex offence with a pupil and is no longer at work.
‘Right now, the situation is under investigation, and Miss Phillips has been suspended and is not in contact with any students,’ Lexington City Schools Superintendent Rick Kriesky said.
Detective Benjamin Clayton of the Lexington Police Department said in the arrest warrant that the victim was a pupil at the same school and the alleged offence happened between September 1, 2013, and Monday of this week, the day the warrant was issued.
Lexington Senior High School whose motto is ‘Be someone’ listed Miss Phillips who was in her first year of teaching as responsible for exceptional children. She has since been removed from the school’s website.Brittany Phillips was released from custody after posting a $50,000 secured bond. She is scheduled to appear April 7 in Lexington District Court.
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.