Teacher, 25, arrested at her own high school after being accused of having sex with student
More from Regional
- Mother of Oregon college shooter Chris Harper-Mercer read him Donald Trump's Art of The Deal
- Manhattan woman found dead and semi-naked on scaffolding next to apartment building
- FBI has foiled 4 attempts by gangs to sell nuclear material to ISIS through Russian connections
- Pictured: The American crew members on the El Faro cargo ship before it sunk during Hurricane Joaquin
- Anthony Iuso found dead in a bathroom five days after going missing at hospital
- Brittany Marie Phillips of Lexington Senior High School, North Carolina, was in her first year of teaching
- Subsequently removed from school website list of teachers
- Charged with felony sex offence and suspended from work
By Paul Donnelley
PUBLISHED: 13:31 EST, 27 March 2014 | UPDATED: 14:01 EST, 27 March 2014
Accused: Brittany Phillips, a teacher at Lexington Senior High School has been charged with sexual activity with a pupil, according to Lexington police
A 25-year-old female high school teacher has been arrested on suspicion of sex with a pupil.
Brittany Marie Phillips was working at Lexington Senior High School, North Carolina, when she was taken into custody on Monday after an investigation by local police.
She was charged with felony sex offence with a pupil and is no longer at work.
‘Right now, the situation is under investigation, and Miss Phillips has been suspended and is not in contact with any students,’ Lexington City Schools Superintendent Rick Kriesky said.
Detective Benjamin Clayton of the Lexington Police Department said in the arrest warrant that the victim was a pupil at the same school and the alleged offence happened between September 1, 2013, and Monday of this week, the day the warrant was issued.
Lexington Senior High School whose motto is ‘Be someone’ listed Miss Phillips who was in her first year of teaching as responsible for exceptional children. She has since been removed from the school’s website.Brittany Phillips was released from custody after posting a $50,000 secured bond. She is scheduled to appear April 7 in Lexington District Court.
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.