Police: Homeowner shoots attempted robbery suspect
On June 8, Glynn County Police responded to a report of an attempted robbery on Poplar Street. The complainant, a 36-year-old resident, reported hearing the doorbell ring but did not see anyone at the door. He then heard the doorbell ring again and answered the door but had his handgun with him for safety.
When the complainant stepped onto the porch, a black male approached and lunged at him. According to the report, the suspect was wearing a mask. The complainant then fired numerous shots with a 45 caliber handgun at the black male. The complainant then ran into his house and called 911.
Officers located the suspect near the front door of the house with several gunshot wounds to his back and buttocks. The suspect, Anthony Don Devine, 45, of Brunswick, was transported to Glynn County Fire Department and was later transferred to Memorial Medical Center in Savannah.
The case is being investigated by Inv. Latanya Shaw. Anyone with information should call 297.2914.
Copyright 2013 WTOC. All rights reserved.
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Folding Manhattan studio apartment that turns into a four-bedroom unit
- Flight Attendant Jaclyn Luby Tries to Bring Loaded Gun Through Airport Security
- Levi's and GAP are losing profits to yogas pants brand Lululemon
- True love or just a Green Card? Season two of 90 Day Fiancé follows six Americans as they prepare to marry the foreign spouses they hardly know
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31