Police: Homeowner shoots attempted robbery suspect
More from Savannah
- FBI offers $5,000 for information in serial bank robber's capture
- Willie Lovett files injunction over pension garnishment
- Judge denies bond after rap group arrested in Statesboro
- Cimmaron St at Liberty Pkwy closed, SWAT searching for shooting suspect
- Savannah woman pleads guilty after fifth DUI arrest
On June 8, Glynn County Police responded to a report of an attempted robbery on Poplar Street. The complainant, a 36-year-old resident, reported hearing the doorbell ring but did not see anyone at the door. He then heard the doorbell ring again and answered the door but had his handgun with him for safety.
When the complainant stepped onto the porch, a black male approached and lunged at him. According to the report, the suspect was wearing a mask. The complainant then fired numerous shots with a 45 caliber handgun at the black male. The complainant then ran into his house and called 911.
Officers located the suspect near the front door of the house with several gunshot wounds to his back and buttocks. The suspect, Anthony Don Devine, 45, of Brunswick, was transported to Glynn County Fire Department and was later transferred to Memorial Medical Center in Savannah.
The case is being investigated by Inv. Latanya Shaw. Anyone with information should call 297.2914.
Copyright 2013 WTOC. All rights reserved.