Man killed on Bluffton Parkway wreck identified
More from Savannah
- Rincon couple James Owens, Nicole Wagner charged in ATV theft
- Retired Savannah-Chatham police major Douglas Burkhalter arrested in child porn investigation
- Savannah store owner Jay Patel busted purchasing stolen goods for his shop
- Girl Scouts need help cleaning up Camp Low after storm damage
- 'Personal Safety & Security' workshop to be held in McAlpin Square
The Beaufort County coroner said a Hardeeville man was killed in a crash Sunday morning on Bluffton.
Investigators say a man was driving the wrong way in the eastbound lanes of Bluffton Parkway when he collided head-on with a four-door Mazda sedan.
The man who was driving in the eastbound lanes was identified as 65-year-old William Thompson, according to the coroner. He was wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash, but died from his injuries.
The driver of the Mazda was not wearing a seat belt and was taken to memorial university medical center in savannah.
The name of that driver has not been released yet.
Copyright 2013 WTOC. All rights reserved.