Fire destroys Ellabell home
More from Savannah
- France says will propose UN Security Council draft on Israel
- Astronauts board space station for 1-year mission
- Unincorporated Chatham County to vote to become motorized district
- Tacoma Police K-9 dies after ingesting powdered meth during drug raid
- Recent telephone scams reported throughout Beaufort County
An investigation is underway after fire destroyed a home in Bryan County displacing two adults.
The Bryan County Disaster Action Team was called to the home in the 100 block of Mulberry Park in Ellabell Sunday afternoon after one of the homeowners was outside talking to a relative and noticed smoke coming from the house.
Fire crews from Pembroke and Ellabell responded to the fire which took quite some time to put out. One of the family's two dogs did not survive. The family says they will be able to stay with relatives until they can get back on their feet.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Copyright 2013 WTOC. All rights reserved.