Fire destroys Ellabell home
More from Savannah
- Rincon couple James Owens, Nicole Wagner charged in ATV theft
- Retired Savannah-Chatham police major Douglas Burkhalter arrested in child porn investigation
- Savannah store owner Jay Patel busted purchasing stolen goods for his shop
- State Dept. warns US travelers to be extra careful
- 5th Annual Reindeer Run kicking off to benefit anti-bullying
An investigation is underway after fire destroyed a home in Bryan County displacing two adults.
The Bryan County Disaster Action Team was called to the home in the 100 block of Mulberry Park in Ellabell Sunday afternoon after one of the homeowners was outside talking to a relative and noticed smoke coming from the house.
Fire crews from Pembroke and Ellabell responded to the fire which took quite some time to put out. One of the family's two dogs did not survive. The family says they will be able to stay with relatives until they can get back on their feet.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Copyright 2013 WTOC. All rights reserved.