BCSO: Woman hits man with car after argument
More from Savannah
- France says will propose UN Security Council draft on Israel
- Astronauts board space station for 1-year mission
- Unincorporated Chatham County to vote to become motorized district
- Tacoma Police K-9 dies after ingesting powdered meth during drug raid
- Recent telephone scams reported throughout Beaufort County
A woman is charged with aggravated assault after an argument with a man companion. The Bulloch County sheriff's deputies were dispatched on Sunday to US 25 near the Jenkins County line. A 42-year-old man told deputies that he and Lakisha Bobbie Lee, 26, of Wrens, had been driving from Wrens to Statesboro on US 25 when they started arguing over a cell phone.
Lee pulled over and told him to get of the car did. She got out, physically assaulted the victim, got back into the vehicle and hit him while in reverse, according to the Bulloch County Sheriff's Office. The victim was transported to East Georgia Regional Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries.
Jenkins County Sheriff's deputies stop Lee while she was in Jenkins County. She was transported back to Bulloch County.
Lee was booked into the Bulloch County Jail and charged with aggravated assault and several other traffic charges. She awaits further court action.
Copyright 2013 WTOC. All rights reserved.