- Did Kim Kardashian just accidentally reveal that she’s pregnant?
- Teen sisters Faith English, Kayla English missing from McDonough
- Georgia Bulldogs No.11 in college football playoff rankings
- Video: Darian King explodes and hits lineswoman with thrown racket in tennis Challenger event
- Man beheads woman then jumps in front of train in Long Island, New York
- Jennifer Lopez, 45, shares age-defying new bikini picture
- Cop Patrick Quinn Charged Over Foot-Sniffing Allegations
- Nasa rocket to International Space Station explodes
- Georgia Senate and gubernatorial races: Republicans lead slightly
- Texas nurse Amber Vinson released from Emory following Ebola treatment
Fort Stewart opens Wellness Center
More from Savannah
- Rincon couple James Owens, Nicole Wagner charged in ATV theft
- Retired Savannah-Chatham police major Douglas Burkhalter arrested in child porn investigation
- Savannah store owner Jay Patel busted purchasing stolen goods for his shop
- Feds sue AT&T over alleged data throttling
- Investigators search for cause of overnight house fire in Savannah
Infantry and garrison leaders officially opened Fort Stewart's new Wellness Center on Gulick Avenue. The facility serves soldiers and their families to help identify health issues and determine diet or lifestyle changes that can improve their health.
"We're trying to get to people before they have to go get treated for diabetes and those chronic conditions and look before they become a problem, explained center director Megan Amadeo.
It is only the 17th wellness center Army-wide. The center is open 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Copyright 2013 WTOC. All rights reserved.