Fort Stewart opens Wellness Center
More from Savannah
- Rincon couple James Owens, Nicole Wagner charged in ATV theft
- Retired Savannah-Chatham police major Douglas Burkhalter arrested in child porn investigation
- Savannah store owner Jay Patel busted purchasing stolen goods for his shop
- Five people injured in wreck on Sister's Ferry Rd.
- Coast Guard locates life ring from ship lost off Bahamas
Infantry and garrison leaders officially opened Fort Stewart's new Wellness Center on Gulick Avenue. The facility serves soldiers and their families to help identify health issues and determine diet or lifestyle changes that can improve their health.
"We're trying to get to people before they have to go get treated for diabetes and those chronic conditions and look before they become a problem, explained center director Megan Amadeo.
It is only the 17th wellness center Army-wide. The center is open 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Copyright 2013 WTOC. All rights reserved.