EOA launches energy assistance program
The Economic Opportunity Authority for Savannah-Chatham County will begin its energy assistance heating program Monday.
Starting Nov. 4 at 9 a.m, applications will be taken by walk-in only on eligible homebound and those 65 years of age and older, on a first-come, first-serve basis at the EOA building at 618 W. Anderson St. The hours of application intake after the Nov. 4 program launch will be from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. The program will run until the money runs out, according to EOA.
Information required for the application:
- Written proof of the total household income for the last 30 days.
- Social Security numbers cards for all household members.
- The most recent heating bill.
- Proof of age (required for the elderly 65 years and over).
- Authorization statement if someone else is applying for the applicant.
- The name of the person authorized to apply for the applicant must be included in the note, along with the signature of the applicant.
The Energy Assistance Program is a federally-funded program that assists low-income households with their heating bill.
For additional information, call 1.877.423.4746.
Copyright 2013 WTOC. All rights reserved.
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31