Man charged with armed robbery in Brunswick
More from Savannah
- Rincon couple James Owens, Nicole Wagner charged in ATV theft
- Retired Savannah-Chatham police major Douglas Burkhalter arrested in child porn investigation
- Savannah store owner Jay Patel busted purchasing stolen goods for his shop
- District 45 candidate filing begins Friday in South Carolina
- South Carolina DNR to monitor waterways for holiday weekend
The Glynn County Police Department has made an arrest in an armed robbery that occurred Monday in Brunswick.
Officials say that on Wednesday at 5:30 p.m., criminal investigators charged Robert Lee Johnson, 26, of Brunswick, with the crime. They say the robbery was reported on Monday at 1:30 a.m. at the Circle K located at 4041 Community Road. The store clerk reported a black male wearing a black hoodie and a black mask came into the store and demanded money. The clerk also reported the suspect was carrying what she believed to be a concealed weapon. However, a weapon was never displayed.
The suspect fled the scene with an undisclosed amount of money and tobacco products. The clerk was not injured.
Police say the suspects clothing was recovered shortly after the robbery occurred in the 4000 block of Old Cypress Mill Road.
The case remains under investigation. If you know anything about the robbery, contact Investigator Marc Neu at 912.554.7816.
Copyright 2014 WTOC. All rights reserved.