Man arrested after woman killed in Aiken home
More from Savannah
- Lawmakers hear heated testimony about sex-orientation bill
- Georgia, South Carolina port officials discuss progress of Jasper County Ocean Terminal
- 85-year-old man arrested, charged with vehicular homicide in deadly November hit-and-run
- Former Marine turned barber travels country giving veterans, homeless haircuts
- Equipment begins to arrive for Bluffton's first microbrewery
AIKEN, S.C. (AP) - Authorities say a man shot and killed his 71-year-old aunt after an argument in an Aiken home.
A witness told deputies about hearing 39-year-old Michael Thompson Jr. arguing with the victim Saturday night, then hearing two gunshots.
The Aiken County Coroner's Office says an autopsy will be performed Monday on Geraldine Jackson.
Thompson was arrested shortly after officers arrived. He is charged with murder and remains in the Aiken County jail. It wasn't known if he had a lawyer.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.