Man arrested after woman killed in Aiken home
AIKEN, S.C. (AP) - Authorities say a man shot and killed his 71-year-old aunt after an argument in an Aiken home.
A witness told deputies about hearing 39-year-old Michael Thompson Jr. arguing with the victim Saturday night, then hearing two gunshots.
The Aiken County Coroner's Office says an autopsy will be performed Monday on Geraldine Jackson.
Thompson was arrested shortly after officers arrived. He is charged with murder and remains in the Aiken County jail. It wasn't known if he had a lawyer.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Beaten, starved, gang-raped and 'forced to give birth': Nigel Brennan and Amanda Lindhout's horrific ordeal as hostages in Somalia
- Folding Manhattan studio apartment that turns into a four-bedroom unit
- Oregon woman Joan Zuber has hand and part of arm amputated after it was caught in the hood of her truck
- Wife of Indian minister Shashi Tharoor died 'suddenly and unnaturally'
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31