- Police looking for pregnant, cape-wearing robbery suspect
- J Lo says panic attack led to divorce from Marc Anthony
- Rap Mogul Suge Knight Charged With Robbery
- Brain Cancer Patient Brittany Maynard Delays Assisted Death
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 to win World Series
- NY woman Catherine Butler dressed as zombie arrested for DWI twice within 3 hours
- Full list of movies arriving, leaving Netflix in November
- First picture: Mom beheaded by her son who then kicked severed head down street
- Teenage girl's ad offering sex to pay for travels was a HOAX
- Apple CEO Tim Cook: ‘I’m gay’
Basketball star shot to death in Savannah
More from Savannah
- Rincon couple James Owens, Nicole Wagner charged in ATV theft
- Retired Savannah-Chatham police major Douglas Burkhalter arrested in child porn investigation
- Savannah store owner Jay Patel busted purchasing stolen goods for his shop
- 3 reportedly robbed at gunpoint in downtown Savannah
- Feds sue AT&T over alleged data throttling
The family of slain Savannah basketball star Rashaad Spann mourned their loss Friday night.
Spann was planning to have a Valentine's Day Lowcountry boil with his family Friday and to take his sister to see a movie afterward.
He was found shot in his car on Savannah's Hawaii Avenue about 2:15 Friday morning.
His family last saw him Thursday night, after he brought his mother a Valentine card.
"He would always be my Valentine," Spann's sister, Samantha Youmans, said. "I had no one else to be my Valentine, so he would always be my Valentine."
Savannah-Chatham metro police have arrested 20-year-old Fashad Kennedy in the case. He's being held without bond at the Chatham County Jail.
So far, police aren't releasing a possible motive in the case. Kennedy and Spann are friends on Facebook.
Copyright 2014 WTOC. All rights reserved.