Basketball star shot to death in Savannah
The family of slain Savannah basketball star Rashaad Spann mourned their loss Friday night.
Spann was planning to have a Valentine's Day Lowcountry boil with his family Friday and to take his sister to see a movie afterward.
He was found shot in his car on Savannah's Hawaii Avenue about 2:15 Friday morning.
His family last saw him Thursday night, after he brought his mother a Valentine card.
"He would always be my Valentine," Spann's sister, Samantha Youmans, said. "I had no one else to be my Valentine, so he would always be my Valentine."
Savannah-Chatham metro police have arrested 20-year-old Fashad Kennedy in the case. He's being held without bond at the Chatham County Jail.
So far, police aren't releasing a possible motive in the case. Kennedy and Spann are friends on Facebook.
Copyright 2014 WTOC. All rights reserved.
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Folding Manhattan studio apartment that turns into a four-bedroom unit
- Flight Attendant Jaclyn Luby Tries to Bring Loaded Gun Through Airport Security
- Levi's and GAP are losing profits to yogas pants brand Lululemon
- True love or just a Green Card? Season two of 90 Day Fiancé follows six Americans as they prepare to marry the foreign spouses they hardly know
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31