Basketball star shot to death in Savannah
More from Savannah
- Yemen militia says it is besieging rebels at strategic base
- Both lanes of EB I-16 shut down near mile marker 144 after 8 vehicle collision
- Finance officials see rising risks to economic recovery
- 1 lane shut down on NB I-95 near exit 102 after two vehicle accident
- Spend or save that tax refund wisely
The family of slain Savannah basketball star Rashaad Spann mourned their loss Friday night.
Spann was planning to have a Valentine's Day Lowcountry boil with his family Friday and to take his sister to see a movie afterward.
He was found shot in his car on Savannah's Hawaii Avenue about 2:15 Friday morning.
His family last saw him Thursday night, after he brought his mother a Valentine card.
"He would always be my Valentine," Spann's sister, Samantha Youmans, said. "I had no one else to be my Valentine, so he would always be my Valentine."
Savannah-Chatham metro police have arrested 20-year-old Fashad Kennedy in the case. He's being held without bond at the Chatham County Jail.
So far, police aren't releasing a possible motive in the case. Kennedy and Spann are friends on Facebook.
Copyright 2014 WTOC. All rights reserved.