- New HEG poll of early Georgia voters shows Reps leading with over 50 percent in Senate, Governor races
- 2 People Dead After Small plane hits airport building in Wichita, KS
- Isis behead 30 people in Iraq
- Police looking for pregnant, cape-wearing robbery suspect
- J Lo says panic attack led to divorce from Marc Anthony
- Rap Mogul Suge Knight Charged With Robbery
- Brain Cancer Patient Brittany Maynard Delays Assisted Death
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 to win World Series
- NY woman Catherine Butler dressed as zombie arrested for DWI twice within 3 hours
- Full list of movies arriving, leaving Netflix in November
Tattnall Co. jail escapee arrested in Texas, one still at large
More from Savannah
- Rincon couple James Owens, Nicole Wagner charged in ATV theft
- Retired Savannah-Chatham police major Douglas Burkhalter arrested in child porn investigation
- Savannah store owner Jay Patel busted purchasing stolen goods for his shop
- 3 reportedly robbed at gunpoint in downtown Savannah
- Feds sue AT&T over alleged data throttling
One jail escapee from Tattnall Co. was arrested in Texas, the other escapee still at large.
The U.S. Marshal's Southeast Regional Fugitive Task Force and the Tattnall County Sheriff's Office developed information that Raymond Smith and Chad Dasher may have fled to the State of Texas.
Leads were generated and have resulted in Raymond Smith being arrested by U.S. Marshal's with the assistance of local Law Enforcement in the area of Corsicana, Texas. Chad Dasher is believed to still be in the area and all leads are being pursued.
Raymond Smith and Chad Dasher escaped Tattnall Co. jail either late on January 23 or early morning on January 24.
The Tattnall County Sheriff's Office in cooperation with law enforcement in Corsicana, Texas is working on Smith's extradition back to Tattnall County, Georgia. Smith will return to face multiple counts of aggravated child molestation and new charges of escape and interference with government property.
Chad Everette Dasher was being held at the Tattnall County Jail on multiple charges for a multi-county crime spree that occurred in Georgia in 2012. Chad Everette Dasher is a white male standing 5'9" with a weight of 140 pounds. He has green eyes and brown hair. Dasher has an extensive criminal history to include arrests for burglary, firearms, fraud, narcotics, resisting arrest, and traffic offenses. Dasher has a history of fleeing from law enforcement and is considered armed and extremely dangerous.
Raymond Smith and Chad Dasher escaped Tattnall Co. jail either late on the night of January 23 or early January 24.
Texas authorities are following leads on Chad Dasher in Texas as well.
Any information pertaining to escapee Chad Dasher should be relayed to the Tattnall County Sheriff's Office at office number 912-557-6777 and the United States Marshals Service Communications Center at 1-800-336-0102. Tips can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. All information is confidential. A $2,500.00 reward is being offered for information that leads to the arrest of this fugitive. Again, the escapees are considered armed and dangerous.
Copyright 2014 WTOC. All rights reserved.