Tunisian woman Amina Tyler thrown in psych ward for topless feminist Facebook pics
More from World
- Woman shoved foot-long spoon down her throat to clear it
- Meet the new human Barbie from Russia who says she’s been raised as a ‘living doll’
- Teen girl filmed being beaten and burned alive by crazed mob in Guatemala
- ‘Intimidating’ kangaroo with ‘massive pecs’ is stalking people in Australia
- Russian woman shoots herself with pellet gun while taking selfie
A 19-year-old Tunisian woman named Amina posted a picture of herself to Facebook with "My Body is My Own and Not the Source of Anyone’s Honor" written on her bare chest in Arabic. Now she's been committed to a psychiatric ward as a Tunisian vice authority, Almi Adel, calls for her to be stoned to death for her action, which "could be contagious and give ideas to other women."
That’s exactly what Amina had in mind — she posted her picture in solidarity with feminist group Femen of the Ukraine. Twitter is now buzzing with an #Amina hashtag, and her Facebook photos have lit a fire online.
The naked truth: Amina Tyler, 19, caused outrage in her native Tunisia last week when she posted topless photos of herself on her Facebook page in a protest over women's rights