Tunisian woman Amina Tyler thrown in psych ward for topless feminist Facebook pics
More from World
- Exploding excrement in China leaves 15 injured
- Nigerian Islamist group Boko Haram ‘kill 48 fishermen’
- Watch: Mexican volcano erupts, shooting giant ash cloud into sky
- Clip of principal 'caught giving oral sex to math teacher' goes viral
- Boyfriend admits to murdering Miss Honduras beauty queen and her sister
A 19-year-old Tunisian woman named Amina posted a picture of herself to Facebook with "My Body is My Own and Not the Source of Anyone’s Honor" written on her bare chest in Arabic. Now she's been committed to a psychiatric ward as a Tunisian vice authority, Almi Adel, calls for her to be stoned to death for her action, which "could be contagious and give ideas to other women."
That’s exactly what Amina had in mind — she posted her picture in solidarity with feminist group Femen of the Ukraine. Twitter is now buzzing with an #Amina hashtag, and her Facebook photos have lit a fire online.
The naked truth: Amina Tyler, 19, caused outrage in her native Tunisia last week when she posted topless photos of herself on her Facebook page in a protest over women's rights