Tunisian woman Amina Tyler thrown in psych ward for topless feminist Facebook pics
More from World
- Teacher fired after pupils discover her porn video
- “Only 12 to go...” Bar owner on trial for manslaughter after customer drinks 56 shots of spirits and dies
- Tourist 'beaten by ladyboy in Thailand after rejecting her advances'
- Body of missing Ohio student Allison 'Ally' Willen found in New Zealand a week after she went missing on hike in national park
- Four-month-old baby pulled from Nepalese wreckage
A 19-year-old Tunisian woman named Amina posted a picture of herself to Facebook with "My Body is My Own and Not the Source of Anyone’s Honor" written on her bare chest in Arabic. Now she's been committed to a psychiatric ward as a Tunisian vice authority, Almi Adel, calls for her to be stoned to death for her action, which "could be contagious and give ideas to other women."
That’s exactly what Amina had in mind — she posted her picture in solidarity with feminist group Femen of the Ukraine. Twitter is now buzzing with an #Amina hashtag, and her Facebook photos have lit a fire online.
The naked truth: Amina Tyler, 19, caused outrage in her native Tunisia last week when she posted topless photos of herself on her Facebook page in a protest over women's rights