Tunisian woman Amina Tyler thrown in psych ward for topless feminist Facebook pics
More from World
- Clip of principal 'caught giving oral sex to math teacher' goes viral
- Boyfriend admits to murdering Miss Honduras beauty queen and her sister
- American teacher Sean Jones denied job in South Korean school because of skin color
- Beauty queen and sister found dead after vanishing the day before Miss World competition
- Boy, 3, has penis cut off by his aunt after he walked in on her using the toilet
A 19-year-old Tunisian woman named Amina posted a picture of herself to Facebook with "My Body is My Own and Not the Source of Anyone’s Honor" written on her bare chest in Arabic. Now she's been committed to a psychiatric ward as a Tunisian vice authority, Almi Adel, calls for her to be stoned to death for her action, which "could be contagious and give ideas to other women."
That’s exactly what Amina had in mind — she posted her picture in solidarity with feminist group Femen of the Ukraine. Twitter is now buzzing with an #Amina hashtag, and her Facebook photos have lit a fire online.
The naked truth: Amina Tyler, 19, caused outrage in her native Tunisia last week when she posted topless photos of herself on her Facebook page in a protest over women's rights