Tunisian woman Amina Tyler thrown in psych ward for topless feminist Facebook pics
More from World
- Brazilian beauty queen Andressa Urach rushed back to hospital after buttock implant becomes infected just weeks after fillers in her legs 'rotted' her muscles
- Zhang Qi: Chinese woman held captive by parents in shed rescued by villagers
- Russian woman posts pics of dying man instead of calling for help
- Daughter locked up in shed for 6 years ‘because parents disapproved of boyfriend’
- Traffic chaos as drivers jump from cars to grab mysterious million dollars raining from Dubai skies
A 19-year-old Tunisian woman named Amina posted a picture of herself to Facebook with "My Body is My Own and Not the Source of Anyone’s Honor" written on her bare chest in Arabic. Now she's been committed to a psychiatric ward as a Tunisian vice authority, Almi Adel, calls for her to be stoned to death for her action, which "could be contagious and give ideas to other women."
That’s exactly what Amina had in mind — she posted her picture in solidarity with feminist group Femen of the Ukraine. Twitter is now buzzing with an #Amina hashtag, and her Facebook photos have lit a fire online.
The naked truth: Amina Tyler, 19, caused outrage in her native Tunisia last week when she posted topless photos of herself on her Facebook page in a protest over women's rights