Mother ‘beheaded by lift doors’ in front of her young son
More from World
- Teen student 'murders pensioner with axe because she just wanted to kill someone’
- Girlfriend falls to her death after jumping up in excitement when boyfriend proposed on top of cliff
- Shocking moment Dutchman is shot in the back of the head by hitman in Panama
- Court tells family they can’t call newborn baby Nutella
- Lost SpongeBob SquarePants toy is found in toddler’s stomach on X-ray
A 20-year-old woman was beheaded in front of her toddler following a freak lift accident, it has been revealed.
Olga Tilinina, who lives near Moscow, was walking into a lift on the ground floor of her apartment block when the doors slammed shut.
She was with her two-year-old son Maxim at the time, but with her legs trapped between the doors, she managed to push her child free of any danger.
As the Daily Mail reports, the former model was stuck half-in and half-out of the lift as it then ascended to the second floor.
A report by NTV channel said: ‘Her head was found on the ground floor, while the rest of her body was squeezed between the floors.’
Not long prior to the accident Olga’s husband, Dmitry, 24, had come home using the same lift with their other son, one-year-old Egor.
‘Her poor son witnessed this scene from hell,’ an emergency crew member said at the scene.
Family friend Mikhail said: ‘She was terribly badly damaged. A mess in her stomach, all mangled and smashed, her face mashed.’
Olga’s husband said: ‘I just can’t understand how this could happen.
‘Normally you push the doors and they open but instead it snapped shut, trapping her legs, and kept moving, dragging her up.
‘And our elder son saw all this. He is just two and a half. He came into our apartment and said: “Mama, leg”.’
Experts are now apparently assessing the aged lift.