The Christian movement that tells husbands to SPANK their wives 'to correct misbehavior'
A growing number of married American couples are agreeing to allow husbands to keep their wives 'in line' by taking to corporal punishment.
The trend is called Christian Domestic Discipline and much of what is known about the practice is published on the website Learning Domestic Discipline, published by husband and wife CDD duo, Clint and Chelsea.
The website states: 'It is an arrangement between two adults who share the belief that the husband is the head of the household and with that position comes the right to enforce his authority.'
Clint and Chelsea have also written a 50-page packet on the practice called Beginning Domestic Discipline.
Manifesto: Learningdd.com is a source of a lot of information on the new painful Christian trend
In the packet they describe CDD as a ‘practice between two consenting life partners in which the head of household (HoH) takes the necessary measures to achieve a healthy relationship dynamic.’
That translates to all methods of punishment, not exclusive to spanking. Clint and Chelsea advocate lecturing, removing privileges, corner and bedroom time – essentially the ways most people discipline their children.
For CDD enthusiasts, this type of punishment isn’t sexual in nature.
Vera (anonymous last name), who is in a CDD relationship with her husband told The Daily Beast that the practice is in no-way sexual.
'The pure CDD people don't go there. A lot of folks think of Fifty Shades of Grey - but this is not that.’
Spanking is clearly the bread and butter of this kind of relationship. Eighteen pages of the CDD manifesto are dedicated to spanking and how to properly go about administering spanks.
Tools: A hairbrush is one of the listed items sanctioned for spanking on in the Beginning Domestic Discipline packet
Paddle: A wooden spoon is another spanking tool. In the packet, Clint and Chelsea warn that one of the cons with this tool is that it 'can break easily'
Clint and Chelsea talk about all aspects of spanking such as the ‘awkward’ first spanking, the various tools that can be used to administer the spankings, what position the wife should be in and the pros and cons of spanking over or under clothing.
Corporal punishment at home obviously leads to questions about whether or not this is domestic abuse. Clint and Chelsea stress in their packet that CDD should only practiced by consenting adults and that the HoH should never punish while angry.
‘If the HoH becomes angry, they must do whatever it takes to get themselves back to a calm, reasonable, rational, level-headed, and collected state before making any decision or carrying out any punishment.’
But as evidenced on many forums dedicated to CDD, the practice has turned violent in cases.
‘I wanted the spankings to stop and my husband told me it was either DD and marriage or divorce. I chose divorce. I couldn't handle the pain of spankings anymore, emotionally or physically,’ a woman named Michelle wrote on a popular CDD blog found in reporting by The Daily Beast.
What’s scarier is how little fear is expressed in these forums.
XOJane writer Laura Rubino investigated the issue and trolled the internet looking for horror stories but was surprised when she ‘didn’t find as many of those as I was expecting to.’
'Most of the women who write about their CDD experiences online are not complaining. Many of them report feeling extremely calm and relaxed after being disciplined, and believe it is an expression of their husband caring about them and their marriage, enough to help them modify their behavior,’ Rubino said.
The punishment, Rubino said, offers these women a clean slate and they don’t have to worry about passive aggressive tension after a fight.
While many of these women rave about CDD, it’s not something that Rubino would voluntarily sign herself up for.
‘Walking around my own home, conscious of the fact that any perceived transgression could result in physical pain and a surrendering of control of my body? That would stress me the f*** out. I don't find that sexy at all. Scary, yes. Hot? Not so much.'
Jim Alsdurf, a forensic psychologist who has written a book on abuse in Christian homes, agrees.
‘No fool in his right mind would but this as a legitimate way to have a relationship. A relationship that infantilizes a woman is one that clearly draws a more pathological group of people.’
Even conservative Christians aren’t behind this trend. Radio host Bryan Fisher told The Huffington Post that he finds no basis in Christianity for such a relationship. He described the trend as ‘horrifying,’ ‘ bizarre,’ ‘unbiblical’ and ’un-Christian’.
'God in the New Testament clearly asks wives to arrange themselves under the leadership of their husbands (in Greek, the word 'submit' means 'to arrange under.') But there is no place where husbands are instructed to make their wives do it or punish them if they don't.'
- British girl caught having sex in Virgin aeroplane toilets as her PARENTS sat nearby
- Student posted 'revenge porn' nude pics of his ex-girlfriend because she 'gave evidence to cops about a burglary he was involved in'
- Just what happened on flight UA201 before it was forced into emergency landing?
- 'That '70s Show': Where Are They Now?
- Arnold Mill Elementary School
- Girl, 15, tries to commit suicide after naked picture of her is posted online
- 11-year-old boy beaten by grandmother and mother who then POST VIDEO of abuse on Facebook
- Pizza delivery man 'caught on hidden camera having sex with family dog'
- English teacher, 34, arrested for having sex with 17-year-old student seven times
- Bust of Romania's former first lady Arethia Tatarescu in row as 'breasts are too large'
- Loving Family: Man 'had sex with his sister-in-law so that she could get pregnant rather than getting IVF treatments'
- Police arrest Michael James Alessandrini after threatening to kill another student
- Stripper attacks patron after he refuses lap dance
- 2 wanted fugitives arrested for allegedly shooting cab driver
- Community members pray for change in Chambers County
- New Program to help ex-felons, drug and alcohol addicts calls for religious leaders to help
- Christie blames Obama in part for Mideast unrest
- Florida mom shot dead her two children in their beds as they lay sleeping, only to have the children's father discover the grisly scene, newly released autopsy report reveals
- Thief snatches $100 bill from customer
- Scientist Emily Graslie shares sexist comments she receives on daily basis
- Suspect William Heaton in Athens hit-and-run granted $50K bond
- Mom, 4 young kids killed in NYC stabbing rampage
- Miley Cyrus tweets x-rated Halloween pics
- Gloom with a view: Abandoned German hotel that once allowed only the finest people to enter but is now home to bugs and cockroaches
- Sex maniac doctor who used medical images as porn, sent naked selfies to patient ... and sexted DURING C-sections
- Israeli bride and groom forced to flee their wedding as Hamas rockets explode over their heads
- Australian Jodie Rose who married Le Pont du Diable BRIDGE celebrates 1st anniversary
- Vanessa Hudgens Is a Gun Toting Girl
- Atlanta Mother Syreeta Collins, daughter charged in crash that killed teacher
- Police: 13-Year-Old Ga. Girl Lejuawlard Lunsford, Shot by Brother (VIDEO)
- Miley Cyrus offered $1million to work on porn movie
- Hat for every occasion! Stylish Kentucky Derby fans dazzle in gravity-defying bonnets as sun shines on Churchill Downs at last
- Born into brothels: Behind the scenes of Kolkata's notorious red-light district where thousands of girls are forced into sex work
- White ex-Milwaukee cops fined for illegal cavity probes inflicted on black drug suspects
- Gerry Goffin, Carole King's ex-husband and writing partner, dies at 75
- A 'heartless w***' who flirts with 'Muslim pigs': The texts that lay bare the ugly break up at the heart of Tinder sexual harassment suit
- Georgia NAACP commemorates Freedom Summer with voter registration efforts
- Wife 'attacked husband with Taser and suffocated him to death with seran wrap in argument about money' before faking his suicide
- More Than A Game
- Deputies: Guyton man had sex on video with underage boy and dog
- ATM stolen in smash-and-grab at Mall at West End
- Maxim 'Hometown Hottie' finalist Persephanie Lesperance arrested in heroin bust
- Married Oklahoma pastor and father of five resigns from megachurch after he admits to infidelity
- A Ferrari, TWO Bentleys and a $1.4MILLION apartment: Race-row NBA owner Donald Sterling's lavish gifts to girlfriend he argued with on racist recording, as revealed by his wife of 50 years' lawsuit
- Man killed on Atlanta interstate
- This is how it's done, Mr President! Liam Neeson is brought in to show Obama how to be tough with Putin in hilarious SNL skit
- Mother finds out 15-year-old son has been murdered after seeing 'RIP' Facebook posts minutes after he was shot dead
- Man, 20, found guilty of thrill kill murder of high school classmate whom he and a friend butchered when they were just 15
- Teen members of feared MS-13 gang who admitted to torture and murder 'are trying to recruit young illegal immigrants in border center ... and U.S. is powerless to stop them'
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|