Former Trojans lineman Fred Matua dies at age 28
More from Sports
- NFL Hall of Famer Warren Sapp charged with domestic battery after girlfriend accuses him of biting her and stepping on her head
- MUST-WATCH: Fan makes great catch over tarp while holding baby
- Powerful female body-builder Natalia Trukhina can lift more than you
- Ex-MLB player Darryl Hamilton dies in apparent murder-suicide: Texas police
- Red Sox's Pablo Sandoval is benched after 'liking' a woman's Instagram picture in the MIDDLE of a game
Former NFL player and USC football star Fred Matua died Sunday morning, as was first announced by the official Twitter account of the USC Athletic Department.
When the tragic news spread to his former USC teammates, some reacted on Twitter and sent their condolences.
Several days before Matua's death, a Twitter account devoted to USC news, tweeted that the former Trojan had been hospitalized after suffering a heart attack but was expected to make a full recovery after surgery.