Former Trojans lineman Fred Matua dies at age 28
More from Sports
- Baseball Legend 'Mr. Cub' Ernie Banks dies at 83
- The best Super Bowl ads so far
- Violetta Degtiareva, ‘The next Anna Kournikova’, drops dead at tennis practice
- College basketball star Shanice Clark, 21, found dead in her dorm room after 'she choked on GUM in her sleep'
- Indianapolis Colts linebacker Josh McNary charged with raping woman
Former NFL player and USC football star Fred Matua died Sunday morning, as was first announced by the official Twitter account of the USC Athletic Department.
When the tragic news spread to his former USC teammates, some reacted on Twitter and sent their condolences.
Several days before Matua's death, a Twitter account devoted to USC news, tweeted that the former Trojan had been hospitalized after suffering a heart attack but was expected to make a full recovery after surgery.