Former Trojans lineman Fred Matua dies at age 28
More from Sports
- Josett Latrice considering modelling career after LeBron James likes her bootylicious Instagram picture
- Jameis Winston files counterclaim against accuser Erica Kinsman
- Unfortunate Cavaliers parody video shows fan throwing woman to ground
- Fans riot at Brazil World Cup stadium, police forced to fire grenades and smoke bombs
- Alli Alberts’ beer-chugging celebration has everyone talking
Former NFL player and USC football star Fred Matua died Sunday morning, as was first announced by the official Twitter account of the USC Athletic Department.
When the tragic news spread to his former USC teammates, some reacted on Twitter and sent their condolences.
Several days before Matua's death, a Twitter account devoted to USC news, tweeted that the former Trojan had been hospitalized after suffering a heart attack but was expected to make a full recovery after surgery.