Former Trojans lineman Fred Matua dies at age 28
More from Sports
- Chicago Bulls' Derrick Rose claims ex accusing him of gang rape consented to sex
- Oakland A's hires first female MLB coach
- High school quarterback Evan Murray dies from lacerated spleen
- High schools dropping football programs over safety concerns
- Watch the moment Brazilian referee pulls out a gun in dispute with angry manager
Former NFL player and USC football star Fred Matua died Sunday morning, as was first announced by the official Twitter account of the USC Athletic Department.
When the tragic news spread to his former USC teammates, some reacted on Twitter and sent their condolences.
Several days before Matua's death, a Twitter account devoted to USC news, tweeted that the former Trojan had been hospitalized after suffering a heart attack but was expected to make a full recovery after surgery.