Former Trojans lineman Fred Matua dies at age 28
More from Sports
- ESPN benches Colin Cowherd after comments about Dominicans
- WWE completely removes Hulk Hogan from brand amid ‘racist rant’ controversy
- Surfer Mick Fanning fights off shark attack during World Surf League event in South Africa
- Swiss officials extradite a Fifa official to the US to face corruption charges
- ‘Shot and hung out to dry’: Adult film star Mia Khalifa shames footballer Duke Williams on Twitter
Former NFL player and USC football star Fred Matua died Sunday morning, as was first announced by the official Twitter account of the USC Athletic Department.
When the tragic news spread to his former USC teammates, some reacted on Twitter and sent their condolences.
Several days before Matua's death, a Twitter account devoted to USC news, tweeted that the former Trojan had been hospitalized after suffering a heart attack but was expected to make a full recovery after surgery.