Former Trojans lineman Fred Matua dies at age 28
More from Sports
- NFL quarterback Cam Newton involved in serious crash
- Lebron James breaks royal protocol by putting his ARM round Kate Middleton
- Argentinian mother savagely beaten by football fans in front of young daughter will be scarred for life
- Soccer player's wife ‘has cosmetic surgery’ after fans say she’s ugly
- UAE group offers $110 million for Mayweather-Pacquiao bout
Former NFL player and USC football star Fred Matua died Sunday morning, as was first announced by the official Twitter account of the USC Athletic Department.
When the tragic news spread to his former USC teammates, some reacted on Twitter and sent their condolences.
Several days before Matua's death, a Twitter account devoted to USC news, tweeted that the former Trojan had been hospitalized after suffering a heart attack but was expected to make a full recovery after surgery.