Former Trojans lineman Fred Matua dies at age 28
More from Sports
- James Harden kicks LeBron James right in the crotch
- UFC: Ronda Rousey turns on style to beat Cat Zingano with signature move after 14 seconds
- UFC feud: War of words between Ronda Rousey and Arianny Celeste heats up
- Taishan Dong: The Great Wall of China set to dominate world boxing
- Video: Danica Patrick and Denny Hamlin in heated argument after crash during Daytona 500 qualifying
Former NFL player and USC football star Fred Matua died Sunday morning, as was first announced by the official Twitter account of the USC Athletic Department.
When the tragic news spread to his former USC teammates, some reacted on Twitter and sent their condolences.
Several days before Matua's death, a Twitter account devoted to USC news, tweeted that the former Trojan had been hospitalized after suffering a heart attack but was expected to make a full recovery after surgery.