Sports Blogger Claire Crawford Chastises NBA Cheerleader for 'Pudginess'
UPDATE - A CBS blogger who wrote about the perceived weight problem of NBA Oklahoma City Thunder cheerleader, Kelsey Williams, has been fired after labeling her 'too chunky' to perform.
Under the pen name 'Claire Crawford,' blogger and CBS Radio 610 digital content manager, Anna-Megan Raley, wrote last week: '[Mrs Williams] has been criticized by some folks in [Oklahoma] for having “pudginess” around her waistline... Is this chick “too chunky” to be a cheerleader?'
After outraged commenters on the CBS Houston site called for Ms Raley to be fired, with many writing, 'This is a disgusting waste of an article,' News 9 has now reported that she has indeed been let go.
A CBS Houston sports blogger has come under fire for questioning whether an Oklahoma City Thunder Girl was "too chunky" to be an NBA cheerleader.
Blogger Claire Crawford targeted Oklahoma City Thunder cheerleader Kelsey Williams' looks on the court after the Houston Rockets faced off against the Oklahoma City Thunder in the first round of the NBA Playoffs.
"The Rockets looked terrible in Game 1, but some say they weren't the only bad-looking people on the court," Crawford wrote.
While she conceded Williams was a "pretty blonde," she wrote Oklahoma City fans had criticized her for "having 'pudginess' around her waistline."
"But if she's comfortable wearing that tiny outfit and dancing for NBA fans, then good for her," Crawford wrote. "Besides…not every man likes women to be toothpick skinny. I'd say most men prefer a little extra meat on her bones."
A poll asked attached to his column asked readers what their opinions were on Williams in the Oklahoma City Thunder cheerleader outfit.
Voters could choose from three options. Either they thought Williams had "the perfect look to be an NBA cheerleader," "she could use some tightening up in her midsection," or "she has no business wearing that outfit in front of people."
Blogger blooper: Under the pen name 'Claire Crawford,' blogger Anna-Megan Raley said Miss Williams had a 'pudgy waistline'
Williams politely fired back at the post on Twitter.
"To be womanly always, discouraged never," she wrote.
"We wouldn't know what blessings were if we didn't go through trials. Thank you to EVERYONE for the compassion and love today. I'm in awe," she tweeted on April 24.
CBS Houston has since removed the post from its website, but a cached version of the page is still available online.
The Houston Chronicle reported that Crawford was a pseudonym for Anna-Megan Raley, who once blogged for the paper and posted a video of her audition to be a Houston Dynamo soccer team cheerleader. Raley's Twitter accounts, under her name and her alias, Crawford, have been deleted.
This isn't the first time a professional sports team cheerleader has been criticized for her looks.
Former Green Bay Packers cheerleader Kaitlyn Collins took to YouTube to post a video in response to a cruel post where she was called "ugly" and "an eyesore" on an unofficial Chicago Bears Fan page in February.
- British girl caught having sex in Virgin aeroplane toilets as her PARENTS sat nearby
- Student posted 'revenge porn' nude pics of his ex-girlfriend because she 'gave evidence to cops about a burglary he was involved in'
- Pizza delivery man 'caught on hidden camera having sex with family dog'
- English teacher, 34, arrested for having sex with 17-year-old student seven times
- Born into brothels: Behind the scenes of Kolkata's notorious red-light district where thousands of girls are forced into sex work
- Girl, 15, tries to commit suicide after naked picture of her is posted online
- Sex maniac doctor who used medical images as porn, sent naked selfies to patient ... and sexted DURING C-sections
- Loving Family: Man 'had sex with his sister-in-law so that she could get pregnant rather than getting IVF treatments'
- 11-year-old boy beaten by grandmother and mother who then POST VIDEO of abuse on Facebook
- Gloom with a view: Abandoned German hotel that once allowed only the finest people to enter but is now home to bugs and cockroaches
- The great celebrity shoe's who: Yes, those vertiginous YSL heels are Kate Winslet's. But, as stars donate their favourite pairs to charity, can you match the other celebrities to their footwear?
- Miley Cyrus tweets x-rated Halloween pics
- Maxim 'Hometown Hottie' finalist Persephanie Lesperance arrested in heroin bust
- Catholic girls' school teacher admits lesbian affair with student, 17, after plying her with alcohol
- Just what happened on flight UA201 before it was forced into emergency landing?
- High school teacher Carly McKinney, 23, 'tweeted nude photos of herself, called her students JAIL BAIT and talked about getting high'
- City workers continuing to fail random alcohol tests
- Deputies: Guyton man had sex on video with underage boy and dog
- Oprah Winfrey's father ordered to pay $70K to ex-wife after 'adultery with prostitute'
- Renisha McBride was twice legal limit when she was shot dead
- Dougherty Gang sibling Lee Grace posed naked in XXX photo
- ATM stolen in smash-and-grab at Mall at West End
- Kylie Jenner and Scott get the finger from rude model
- 'He started following me - and so did his WIFE': TV presenter reveals how she was stalked for eight years by crazed couple
- Australian Jodie Rose who married Le Pont du Diable BRIDGE celebrates 1st anniversary
- Shooting spree in small Texas town of Terrell leaves five dead, Charles Brownlow in custody
- Chris Brown enters rehab for anger issues
- Florida mom shot dead her two children in their beds as they lay sleeping, only to have the children's father discover the grisly scene, newly released autopsy report reveals
- Kerry Washington Pregnant, Expecting First Child With Husband Nnamdi Asomugha!
- Police launch all-out search for amorous couple filmed having sex on public fountain in Russia
- School football coach slapped with bullying complaint after team's 91-0 win
- Woman feels backlash after posting pic of controversial costume
- Female suicide bomber kills five on bus in Russia ahead of Sochi Olympics
- Russian factory workers filmed bathing NAKED in milk used to make cheese
- Miley Cyrus offered $1million to work on porn movie
- Mom, 4 young kids killed in NYC stabbing rampage
- A Ferrari, TWO Bentleys and a $1.4MILLION apartment: Race-row NBA owner Donald Sterling's lavish gifts to girlfriend he argued with on racist recording, as revealed by his wife of 50 years' lawsuit
- Neymar takes selfie with girlfriend Gabriella Lenzi after Brazil World Cup win
- Bruce Lee didn't drink, but CGI Bruce Lee is in this liquor ad
- Abercrombie & Fitch finally says sorry for fat comments
- Gerry Goffin, Carole King's ex-husband and writing partner, dies at 75
- Atlanta Mother Syreeta Collins, daughter charged in crash that killed teacher
- 'My mom called me porky and my dad got me drunk and told me I was more than just his daughter': Explosive claims of 'spoiled' cheerleader, 18, suing parents to support her after she ran away
- Bust of Romania's former first lady Arethia Tatarescu in row as 'breasts are too large'
- 'That '70s Show': Where Are They Now?
- Jennalin Garcia-Calle: Teacher, 28, 'had sex with student, 16, in classroom during school hours'
- Richard Sherman's father was Compton gangster but Seattle Sehawk still got straight As
- 'May God have mercy on my soul': Last words of man, 21, sentenced to DEATH for his role in the murder of a 15-year-old as he is led to death row
- Police: Waffle House employee Quintavius Martin shoots, kills customer
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|