Bill Cowher’s daughter engaged to former Duke forward Ryan Kelly
More from Sports
- NFL quarterback Cam Newton involved in serious crash
- Lebron James breaks royal protocol by putting his ARM round Kate Middleton
- Argentinian mother savagely beaten by football fans in front of young daughter will be scarred for life
- Soccer player's wife ‘has cosmetic surgery’ after fans say she’s ugly
- UAE group offers $110 million for Mayweather-Pacquiao bout
Ryan Kelly tweeted out the news -- with a picture -- that he's engaged to Lindsay Cowher, the youngest daughter of former Steelers coach Bill Cowher.
The tweet says, "The love of my life @lindsaycowher said yes! #sohappy #blessed"
Lindsay Cowher's tweets are protected.
The 6-foot-11 Kelly played basketball at Duke University. He just finished his senior year, and is being mentioned as a possible draft pick in the NBA Draft next month.
Lindsay Cowher played basketball at Fox Chapel High School before the Cowhers moved to Raleigh, N.C., where she and Kelly attended Ravenscroft High School together. She went on to play at Wofford College.
The oldest Cowher daughter, Meagan, is also married to an athlete -- Carolina Hurricanes hockey player Kevin Westgarth.
And the girls' mother -- Bill's late wife, Kaye -- was a standout basketball player at North Carolina State who went on to play in the Women's Pro Basketball League in the late 1970s and early 1980s.