Passengers on board stricken Carnival Splendor speak about cruise liner 'nightmare'
Passengers on board a stricken cruise liner being towed back to port after a fire destroyed its propulsion and communication systems have spoken of their 'nightmare' journey.
The Carnival Splendor has been stranded 55 miles off the coast of Punta San Jacinto for the past three days with 3,299 passengers on board.
A major fire damaged the vessel's engine and left holidaymakers without basic services including hot food, air conditioning and, for some time, working toilets.
Tugboats have been hauling the 952ft liner, dubbed the Spam cruiser after emergency supplies of the tinned meat were flown by helicopter to the vessel, to San Diego for repairs and some passengers on board have managed to get in touch with family.
Lenora Chavez said the ship was beginning to smell and many people on board were seasick.
She told ABC News: 'It smells like a lot of people are throwing up. I can smell that a lot and they have a lot of bags hanging in the corridors - vomit bags.
'And I think the toilets are getting full, so all of those things aren't so great.'
VideoGet the latest trending videos from Georgia Newsday!. Find trending videos on humor, news, entertainment and more.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Levi's and GAP are losing profits to yogas pants brand Lululemon
- Oregon woman has hand and part of arm amputated after it was caught in the hood of her truck
- Flight Attendant Jaclyn Luby Tries to Bring Loaded Gun Through Airport Security
- Folding Manhattan studio apartment that turns into a four-bedroom unit
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31