Canadian pop singer Grimes electrocuted on stage
Canadian pop singer Grimes electrocuted on stage

Canadian pop star Grimes has been electrocuted on stage, but the singer is going to be OK.

MTV.com reported that Grimes was electrocuted several times Tuesday during a performance at the Olympia Theatre in Dublin.

A fan filmed the electronic-pop singer being shocked while performing her song “Butterfly” off her latest album “Art Angels.”

Grimes has since apologized for the incident and said her pedal failed. She also posted to Instagram that nobody is to blame for the technical difficulties (except maybe an “angry ghost.”)

“The Irish promoters were nothing but lovely and I don’t want them to take the blame for something that was most likely on our end,” she wrote, in part. “I also want to reiterate that everyone on my team and especially my audio guys did everything they could without stopping the show, but it was some kind of an issue w the vocal channel so even whilst bypassing the pedal I was getting gunshots through the vocal channel into my monitors. Perhaps an angry ghost.”

Grimes also showed that she has a sense of humor by posting an image of a “Simpsons” character being electrocuted to her Instagram page.

 

appreciating every1 who tweeted this at me today haha. Thank u thank u Dublin for being sweet and kind.

A photo posted by Grimezsz (@actuallygrimes) onMar 15, 2016 at 6:17pm PDT

 
 
 
 
By Jamie Rivera 03/17/2016 18:43:00

Subscribe to comments feed Comments (0)

 
total: | displaying:
 

Post your comment. Registration not required

 
  • Bold
  • Italic
  • Underline
  • Quote

Please enter the code you see in the image:

Captcha