Police Shoot, Kill Gwinnett County Man Darryl Fuller
More from News
- Drunk driver Ryan Patrick Quinton sentenced to 15 years for crash that killed his new bride just hours after their wedding reception
- John's Creek mom Adrienne Burch used extension cord to punish child
- Ambush leaves Fulton Co. police officer Terence Avery Green dead
- Former APS Superintendent Beverly Hall dies
- Lawrenceville Man Richard Drummond dead, wife injured in Gwinnett double shooting
GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. -- A man was shot and killed by police outside a Gwinnett County apartment complex Wednesday night, police said. Family members said the victim didn’t deserve to die.
“One thing I can say, it’s unjustified, and I know this,” the victim’s mother, Cassandra Williams, said.
Williams’ son, Darryl Fuller, was shot outside the JSD apartments on Singleton Road at about 9 p.m., police said. Gwinnett police said members of their gang unit came across Fuller amongst a group of men.
“They were responding to some suspicious behavior,” Gwinnett police Cpl. Jake Smith said.
Smith said that when officers approached the group, everyone ran off except Fuller.
“The suspect drew a gun. Our officers fired one shot, struck the suspect. No shots were returned,” Smith said.
Family members said Fuller died at the hospital. They don’t believe the story police are telling, and have hired a lawyer.
“We’ll never get the proper answer ourselves. We are going to let law handle law. Righteously,” said Fuller’s uncle Tony Williams.
The officer involved in the shooting was placed on paid administrative leave, pending the outcome of the investigation.