Police Shoot, Kill Gwinnett County Man Darryl Fuller
More from News
- Police search for office manager Arica Cameron accused of stealing thousands from dentist
- Feds seize phones, computers in gym mat death investigation of Kendrick Johnson
- Married woman 'caught sexting another man' at Braves game by teen girls sitting behind the couple
- Police: Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in Conyers
- Shooting in Suwanee leaves four dead, one injured
GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. -- A man was shot and killed by police outside a Gwinnett County apartment complex Wednesday night, police said. Family members said the victim didn’t deserve to die.
“One thing I can say, it’s unjustified, and I know this,” the victim’s mother, Cassandra Williams, said.
Williams’ son, Darryl Fuller, was shot outside the JSD apartments on Singleton Road at about 9 p.m., police said. Gwinnett police said members of their gang unit came across Fuller amongst a group of men.
“They were responding to some suspicious behavior,” Gwinnett police Cpl. Jake Smith said.
Smith said that when officers approached the group, everyone ran off except Fuller.
“The suspect drew a gun. Our officers fired one shot, struck the suspect. No shots were returned,” Smith said.
Family members said Fuller died at the hospital. They don’t believe the story police are telling, and have hired a lawyer.
“We’ll never get the proper answer ourselves. We are going to let law handle law. Righteously,” said Fuller’s uncle Tony Williams.
The officer involved in the shooting was placed on paid administrative leave, pending the outcome of the investigation.