Woman, 23, with a DWI charge 'pretended to be a court employee and contacted the crime lab from her own cell phone and email to tell them to destroy the toxicology report'
- Jana Pourciau claimed she was an 18th Judicial District Court employee in attempt to destroy her toxicology report from a crash days before
- She used a fake name to contact the crime lab but was caught because she used her personal cell phone and email account
- Pourciau was arrested for false impersonation and forgery and was booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison
By Alexandra Klausner
Published: 12:32 EST, 25 April 2014 | Updated: 14:52 EST, 25 April 2014
One 23-year-old Louisiana woman with a DWI charge beneath her belt was arrested again on Thursday for claiming she was an 18th Judicial District Court employee and attempting to destroy her 'incriminating' toxicology report.
Not only did she call the crime lab from her own cell phone, she wrote them an email from her personal account claiming to be an employee of the court saying that the toxicology sample should be destroyed 'because the case had been dismissed and was not going to be prosecuted.'
Just before 11:00 am on April 12, Jana L. Pourciau of Maringouin lost control of her Lexus RX350 as she was driving northbound on LA Hwy 977, south of LA Hwy in Pointe Coupe Parish.
Jana L. Pourciau, 23, who was charged with DWI on April 12, created a fake name and called the crime lab from her own cell phone and told them to destroy her toxicology report
Jana Pourciau told the crime lab to destroy a toxicology report from her April 12 crash 'because the case had been dismissed and was not going to be prosecuted'
'The Lexus ran off the roadway, struck the fence of an elementary school and overturned,' said Louisiana State Police officer Jared Sandifer.
The young woman was arrested for a DWI, not wearing a seat belt, and careless operation after police thought she may have been drinking and driving.
Nola.com reports that when Pourciau was taken to Baton Rouge Medical Center for her injuries, staff also grabbed a toxicology sample.
10 days later on April 22, Pourciau called the Lousina State Crime Lab from her own cell phone number under a psuedonym. She also contacted them from her personal email account using a fake name.
Detectives caught wind of Pourciau's fake phone call and email and they brought her to the station for questioning.
Pourciau confessed that she called and emailed the crime lab in order to destroy the toxicology report from her crash.
She was arrested for false impersonation and forgery and was booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison.
When police caught wind that Jana Pourciau was trying to destroy toxicology evidence related to her DWI charge, they called her in for questioning
Jana Porciau confessed to pretending to be a court employee in order to destroy her toxicology report and was arrested for false impersonation and forgery
Jana Pourciau was booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison after faking the identity of a court employee and trying to destroy a toxicology report related to a DWI charge from an April 12 crash
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Beaten, starved, gang-raped and 'forced to give birth': Nigel Brennan and Amanda Lindhout's horrific ordeal as hostages in Somalia
- Folding Manhattan studio apartment that turns into a four-bedroom unit
- Oregon woman Joan Zuber has hand and part of arm amputated after it was caught in the hood of her truck
- Wife of Indian minister Shashi Tharoor died 'suddenly and unnaturally'
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31